Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plop92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10 8L
Hi guys I just bought me a new to me 2000 2500 ram v10 got a hell pf a deal only 68k on her. The fog lights arnt working I replaced to burnt light and checked the fuse kind pf at a stand still with that.
The cruse control seems to work when it wants
the e brake light comes on randomly.
And the driver seat light just blinks on high

Are these commen issues with these trucks or do I have an electric bugs

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
congrats & welcone. I have an 01 v10, and I don't have any of those issues you're talking about and mine has over triple your miles. So no I don't think this is a common thing to the Rams. My first thought is, has a previous owner wired in an aftermarket stereo? trailer brake controller?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
had a 99 2500 V-10 with none of those issue either,

hope you get it all sorted out.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
There is too much here to help over the internet. Find yourself a friend who is good with a multimeter and likes electrical. There is going to be a lot of it.

OP
OP
P

Plop92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10 8L
No after market radio or trailer brake. Good to know ot not common it came with a 3k or 60 day warranty I will be callin the shop tommrow thanks for the help can wait to take it off the pavement lol

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Hi guys I just bought me a new to me 2000 2500 ram v10 got a hell pf a deal only 68k on her. The fog lights arnt working I replaced to burnt light and checked the fuse kind pf at a stand still with that.
The cruse control seems to work when it wants
the e brake light comes on randomly.
And the driver seat light just blinks on high

Are these commen issues with these trucks or do I have an electric bugs

Fog lights may be as simple as tbe switch or broken wire or bad ground.
If the weird "cruise" lights up in the odometer every time it's more than likely going to be a vacuum issue.
E brake light is prob just a worn out switch or stretched cable. Try holding the release up and kicking the pedal upwards. See what that does (i did one of these 2 things and gotta do this any time i use it lol)
Driver seat: do you have electric power seats?

OP
OP
P

Plop92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10 8L
Fog lights may be as simple as tbe switch or broken wire or bad ground.
If the weird "cruise" lights up in the odometer every time it's more than likely going to be a vacuum issue.
E brake light is prob just a worn out switch or stretched cable. Try holding the release up and kicking the pedal upwards. See what that does (i did one of these 2 things and gotta do this any time i use it lol)
Driver seat: do you have electric power seats?

Iv tried kicking the e pedal up wards while holding open the latch did nothing the light seems to just come and go im guessing the cable messed up

Im thinking for the fog lights that the switche is messed up I was going to take my muilti meater to it and see.

As for the cruise control im thinking your right Ill be taking her in for some warranty work and see whats cover and whats not. Yes I do have power seats and of what i read was right when the high flashes o. The heated seat it means that I have a broke element. Should also be coverd by the dealership

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel