help with Sway bar quick disconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01redram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, I have an 01 ram 1500 with a 5 inch lift and I was wondering if anyone makes a swaybar quick disconnect, either full bar aftermarket, or just quick disconnect endlinks. I was curious if there is a system that works specifically for a 98-01 ram or if anyone has a easy to make DIY system that they have made that I could also do.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Front or back? 2wd or 4wd? There are plenty of products for jeeps, i've seens guys take the concept from jeep parts and create their own disconnects for the 4x4 rams up front.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Jeep parts do work. Same kinda year range jeeps with solid front axle. Verify same L shape style

OP
OP

01redram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
QD swaybar

I was pretty sure that 01 rams only came with a sway bar in the front and yes the truck is 4x4, it's an ORE, my bad for the lack of information. I understand that jeep stuff might work, that's what I was getting at, wasn't sure about the actual geometry of the matter. If it's all the same length and shape then I would like to just buy a teraflex swaybar mount it to the truck potentially change the endlinks and call it a day.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Actual sway bar isn't the same but the end links, as long as you get correct length, will have no issue

OP
OP

01redram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
QD swaybar

I understand, thank you sir. I found that tough country makes a QD endlinks setup that will work for a 1500 ram 4x4 that has been lifted within my range, I just wasn't sure if anyone on the forum had came up with a better way to disconnect or if there was any feedback on one specific product that works best. Thank you again.