Help with wheels for 08 Ram 4WD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aimcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4WD Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My husband and I have an 08 Ram, quad cab, 4WD with the 20" wheels. We want something a little different. We want to keep the truck STOCK but maybe a 17-18 wheel and a little bigger tire for more aggressive stance but nothing at all drastic just tasteful and be able to keep it stock! Any recommendations on offset and tire size that will work with no issues?

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
My husband and I have an 08 Ram, quad cab, 4WD with the 20" wheels. We want something a little different. We want to keep the truck STOCK but maybe a 17-18 wheel and a little bigger tire for more aggressive stance but nothing at all drastic just tasteful and be able to keep it stock! Any recommendations on offset and tire size that will work with no issues?

Go somewhere in the ballpark of -12 offset. They will stick out a touch more but not enough to have flares on. And probably stick with a 33” or smaller tire if you are not wanting to lift or level the truck. 33s on a 17” wheel look good and aggressive as it has a lot of sidewall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Seymour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008, 2009, 2012, 2013
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Will they still have to update the comp. for the size diff. and/or speedo?