Hit and Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tator2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had my 2017 Laramie for less then 6 months, and just realized sometime over the winter I had someone hit my truck.

After washing it I noticed the air dam under the truck seemed bowed and out of shape a bit. Didn't think anything about it. Later was running my hand along the seam between the chrome and plastic bumper pieces and notice they don't match from right to left side. Now notice the passenger side fog light sits different, with a bigger gap, than the driver side. Getting super close I can now pick out ever some slight rash on the chrome right on the corner of the bumper. It was enough of a hit, that the whole bumper is bent and out of shape.

My question is has anyone seen aftermarket bumpers with option for parking sensors?

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Sorry to hear about it. People have no respect anymore. Can't tell you how many times I've seen some twit mangle the car next to them by flinging their door open in a parking lot.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
My question is has anyone seen aftermarket bumpers with option for parking sensors?

Yes, many do. I don't have sensors but in my search for the perfect bumper, I came across dozens of vendors. Take a look at bumpersuperstore.com.

Sorry to hear about your collision. Hope that SOB has a karma bomb drop on him/her.

OP
OP
T

tator2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Speaking of door dings I also got two dents in my drivers door before I even had 2000 miles on my truck. I try to park away for everyone just to try to prevent it. And they're high enough on the door that it has to be another truck or SUV. Right below the door handle!

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I've had my 2017 Laramie for less then 6 months, and just realized sometime over the winter I had someone hit my truck.

After washing it I noticed the air dam under the truck seemed bowed and out of shape a bit. Didn't think anything about it. Later was running my hand along the seam between the chrome and plastic bumper pieces and notice they don't match from right to left side. Now notice the passenger side fog light sits different, with a bigger gap, than the driver side. Getting super close I can now pick out ever some slight rash on the chrome right on the corner of the bumper. It was enough of a hit, that the whole bumper is bent and out of shape.

I was just looking at some aftermarket HD bumpers with sensor cutouts. Found some nice ones on realtruck.com

I didn’t look anywhere else to compare prices yet though