How come we don't get a lot of tube/pre-runner type bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've come to the realization that I need to, first, learn to weld, second, learn about geometry and last have the money for materials and tools to fabricate this type of bumper.

My point you ask?

It seems the only guys that make these (that I've found) are ADD and NFAB. NFAB looks like garbage eBay junk and ADD costs an arm and a leg for God only knows what reason.

I really like the streamlined, light weight and infinitely unique and customizable (with or without winch, light ready, good entry/departure angles, wraparound, square and/or tube construction) pre-runner style front (and rear) bumpers. I just can't believe how saturated the market is with overly beefy bumpers that more companies aren't offering this type of bumper (for less then ADD). Considering that a lot of Gen 3 and 4 Rams (1500/2500/3500s) are on the road there's more than enough "mules" out there to make templates off of. Especially once there are templates made for various option/designs the costs would be reduced considerably, hell they could offer a DIY version with all parts/pieces cut to size, just follow instructions, weld, coat/paint, mount and enjoy.

Any thoughts on this? I'm sure I'm not the only one here craving something more than what's already available, pre-runner or not.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Honestly, I think that they have just kinda went out of style like a lot of other trends (roll bars, moon visors, bull bars, etc). I kinda hate it because I always like the prerunner bars and bumpers.

lanceohemi06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My guess is that there are more mom and pop shops out west that could provide quality/economical fabrication. I also think it is because pre-running is more prevalent out there and not a nationwide fascination such as mud bogging. I too would like more options for when that item comes up on my truck list.

OP
OP
GIJoe2010

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really want something that sets my Ram apart from others, and just any old aftermarket behemoth of a bumper won't cut it. These beasts already weigh more than enough we don't need anywhere from 100 to 200 plus pounds wreaking havoc on our front suspension for just cool factor, a winch, extra LED lighting, protection and such when you can get a sleeker set up that offers everything a common plate bumper offers cheaper, prettier and lighter weight.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly, I think that they have just kinda went out of style like a lot of other trends (roll bars, moon visors, bull bars, etc).

THIS.

These beasts already weigh more than enough we don't need anywhere from 100 to 200 plus pounds wreaking havoc on our front suspension for just cool factor, a winch, extra LED lighting, protection and such when you can get a sleeker set up that offers everything a common plate bumper offers cheaper, prettier and lighter weight.

Agree....exactly why I have put off slappin one of these on.

This is the only one I've considered due to how light it looks but at the same time it looks too plain...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 54

Hooke Road

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
我真的想要一些能让我的公羊与众不同的东西,而任何旧的售后市场庞然大物的保险杠都无法满足我的需求。这些野兽的重量已经足够了,我们不需要 100 到 200 多磅的重量,对我们的前悬架造成严重破坏,只需要很酷的因素、绞盘、额外的 LED 照明、保护等,当你可以获得更时尚的设置时,普通板式保险杠具有更便宜、更漂亮、重量更轻的特点。
Recommend: https://www.hookeroad.com/collections/dodge-ram-1500