How is the ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey there. I have a 2014 1500 R/T that I bought used a couple months ago. It is already on a 2/4 drop but I was thinking about going lower. Maybe going to a 3/5 which I am not sure how to do but was wondering how bad the ride gets. I bought the '14 because it rides better than the older leaf spring trucks I've had before.

Any help is appreciated.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey there. I have a 2014 1500 R/T that I bought used a couple months ago. It is already on a 2/4 drop but I was thinking about going lower. Maybe going to a 3/5 which I am not sure how to do but was wondering how bad the ride gets. I bought the '14 because it rides better than the older leaf spring trucks I've had before.

Any help is appreciated.

Check out Inez's kits if you want to go that low and still maintain a near stock ride quality.FYI they aren't cheap kits as they replace a whole lot of front end components,but they do maintain a good quality ride .
Illicit is also supposed to have a kit in the works for the 4th Gen Rams to ,but i'm not sure if Ryan has it ready to go yet . If Illicit has a kit,his stuff is usually a wee bit better then Inez's stuff,but that's only my opinion,lol

Uaintlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My crew cab was lowered 3/5, and I thought it rode fine.
I don't think you'd notice much difference in ride with a 3/5 compared to the 2/4 you already have.
you can do it cheap, but just cutting the coils

ramlowered.PNG

OP
OP
Mike Townsend

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for your replies. So cutting the coils isn't a bad thing? Would I have to change any other parts if I cut a coil or a half coil?

Uaintlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for your replies. So cutting the coils isn't a bad thing? Would I have to change any other parts if I cut a coil or a half coil?

I'm sure you will get people saying to never cut a coil, but I have done it on any trucks I have owned.
I bought the Belltech 2/4 kit and cut the coils to achieve a 3/5.
there is a thread somewhere on here on exactly on how much to cut, I'd search for that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45