How Many Miles on you 6.4 Hemi??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
SoCal and Arizona have hundreds of thousands of desert Acres. BLM land will you allow you 2 weeks free but the LTVA will cost you. You need to be self contain as dump stations and fresh water can be hard to find. If you really want freedom and be off grid check out Google for SLAB CITY, California. Not for the faint at heart. Good luck.

Thanks. Slab city looks like the lawless old west. I need to stay out of Caleefornia as they don't recognize my ATV registration from Colorado nor my CCP.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
2016 with 68k right now...fully expect it to go 200k+ just like anything should if you take care of it. Plan on getting the next body style, whenever that is. I should easily have 200k+ by then.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
2016 with 68k right now...fully expect it to go 200k+ just like anything should if you take care of it. Plan on getting the next body style, whenever that is. I should easily have 200k+ by then.

If the refresh looks like the 1500s, mine will have to last through fifth gen. 3rd ugliest truck ever, right behind the 97-04 F-150 and the current Titan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickydelivers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello All! My very first HD ever(I previously had a '07 Chevy Avalanche) I picked it up on Friday and I've got 216 miles on this bad boy! Great to hear the mileage you guys are getting here. And thanks for the info on the "not so great" things about this vehicle. I am hoping it will, at least, last as long as my loan:eek:

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Hey ricky....congrats on the truck. I wouldn't worry too much. I've had mine nearly 2 yrs and almost 8k miles and I'm still all smiles. A few minor annoyances you have with any vehicle...but it's a great truck

Hd74ica

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey ricky....congrats on the truck. I wouldn't worry too much. I've had mine nearly 2 yrs and almost 8k miles and I'm still all smiles. A few minor annoyances you have with any vehicle...but it's a great truck
2 years and only 8k miles? At that right she should last you for the next 40 years.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Damn man. I put that many miles on sitting still:anitoof: very nice though wish I didn’t drive as much as I do haha

Fearfact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just had to use the maxcare warranty for its second time...I wish it was still available for new trucks! I’m at 84k and only drama has been the transmission valve body **** itself and the alternator died this week. Mine is a construction work truck and tows heavy often and plows

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
2 years and only 8k miles? At that right she should last you for the next 40 years.

Probably but i want to keep her 10 yrs then trade for new...hopefully get good trade value for her....

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Damn man. I put that many miles on sitting still:anitoof: very nice though wish I didn’t drive as much as I do haha

Lol...well my job is 12 miles from home one way and i have an 05 escape for a spare....so i can keep the miles off of the big dodge...

Rickydelivers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I'll be pulling(up
to) 10k once a week 400 mile round trip so I hope this truck will give
Me the longevity and pay for
itself The salespeople I dealt with actually talked m out of the 6.7, believe it or not, for what I will be using it for. I respected their honesty. They could have made more of a commissions when I was willing to consider the Cummins.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Well I'll be pulling(up
to) 10k once a week 400 mile round trip so I hope this truck will give
Me the longevity and pay for
itself The salespeople I dealt with actually talked m out of the 6.7, believe it or not, for what I will be using it for. I respected their honesty. They could have made more of a commissions when I was willing to consider the Cummins.

That's interesting. I've always thought for anything south of 10k the 6.4 will do very well/ Cummins not needed....however if your going to be pulling that heavy on a weekly basis for that many miles I'd have recommended the Cummins.

Hopefully your happy with the performance and fuel mileage. Your probably going to be in the 8-10mpg range with 10k behind you.

I love my 6.4 and she has a lot of juice...but still it has its limits. It just depends on what you need to do with it.

Rickydelivers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hear ya. what I failed to mention is half of that commute will be unloaded (about 2400lbs? Empty trailer) since I have to travel to the destination (150 miles away) to pick up my load and then bring back. So I think that's what the salesman took into consideration. So the truck will be used as a daily driver 2/3rds of the time. And so far as a DD i am impressed by those coils in the rear giving it a smooth ride

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I hear ya. what I failed to mention is half of that commute will be unloaded (about 2400lbs? Empty trailer) since I have to travel to the destination (150 miles away) to pick up my load and then bring back. So I think that's what the salesman took into consideration. So the truck will be used as a daily driver 2/3rds of the time. And so far as a DD i am impressed by those coils in the rear giving it a smooth ride

If it’s not an a closed box, the 6.4 should do fine. I’ve towed cars and equipment at and over no problem, but the travel trailer is a bear.

dodgeramfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
500 miles bought her a month ago from a dealer 100 miles away.

Rickydelivers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well it will be an enclosed trailer, 2600lbs empty. Is it because the (lack of) aerodynamics, I'm assuming? Basically the other farm I'm dealing with is currently pulling a similar set up, and he's using a 2004 GMC Savana van. Yes he struggles up hills but that would be expected. He's almost confident that my truck will do a lot better than his Gasser van. Sorry not sure which engine is in his Savanna.

Rickydelivers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There will be no way around it being enclosed Being it'll be refrigerated for my milk delivery company. I've got 2 box trucks. This set up will be be the "back up" plan if/when the other trucks are in the shop. I almost went with an Ecoboost with their "claimed" 13k capacity. But that 1/2 ton frame was getting me nervous.