How many of you use a trade when you acquire your Ram ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
.. I don't play along with the "I have to ask my manager" game either. If the salesperson can't make the deal why am I talking to them?

I hear you there, but I know in my area with the big mega chain dealerships, the sales people are basically paper pushers. A manager has to be involved with nearly all aspects of the deal. A whole lot different than things used to be. I've done so many car deals over the years that it's basically a (not so enjoyable) game to me. I do my homework ahead of time and go from there. Funny thing about the mega dealers around me is, you can walk out all day long and it ends there. They don't try to grab you on your way out, don't call you, etc. Again, I'm pretty old and that's not the way it used to be.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I posted in the 4th generation that with my current options I’m not stuck on getting a 2019. Around my area they still have 2017 on their list with less then 50 miles on them. Why that I can not explain, all I know is I love having options. I also agree that if the deals not done my way, it’s nice to be able to walk out.

I’m not there to make them give away a vehicle to me. I don’t mind them making some money off the deal as business is business. What I won’t do is lessen the value of my time while they contemplate if they’ve squeezed enough money out of me.

Father Of Four

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I posted in the 4th generation that with my current options I’m not stuck on getting a 2019. Around my area they still have 2017 on their list with less then 50 miles on them. Why that I can not explain, all I know is I love having options. I also agree that if the deals not done my way, it’s nice to be able to walk out.

I’m not there to make them give away a vehicle to me. I don’t mind them making some money off the deal as business is business. What I won’t do is lessen the value of my time while they contemplate if they’ve squeezed enough money out of me.

Father Of Four
They’re going to make money on you either way when you trade or buy from them. As long as you feel comfortable with the amount they take from you it’s all good.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Delete

Last edited:

BattleBornNV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500
Engine
6.7 Cummins

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That's a good looking truck! My last one was a long bed and I loved that I could haul everything but parking was pure hell sometimes.

BattleBornNV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That's a good looking truck! My last one was a long bed and I loved that I could haul everything but parking was pure hell sometimes.

My 14 as a long bed, rode like a Cadillac. Loved towing my toy hauler with it. Parking was, um....challenging.

My ‘05 was a short bed, loved the LOOK of that truck but pain in the **** with the 5th wheel.

The 17 is a mega cab and I now have the best of both worlds. Tows as good as my long bed, looks as good as the short bed (even better I think?) but doesn’t ride like a short bed unloaded.

I was seconds away from buying another long bed, just like that one I posted but they didn’t have a white one. White seems to be the most popular color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk