How Much do you Love or Hate your 4 Gen?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Burla, Dec 23, 2016.

Satisfaction with your 4 gen Ram?

This poll will close on Mar 28, 2018 at 2:21 PM.
  1. 1-2 ...how come I can't put a zero, I hate this thing.

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  2. 3-4 ...not very satisfied with Ram

11 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. 5-6 ...it is ok but plenty room for improvement

22 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. 7-8 ...I really like the Ram

112 vote(s)
    37.7%
  5. 9-10...the best I've owned

151 vote(s)
    50.8%
Sponsored By: All Mopar Parts
  1. Burla

Burla Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
    OK, now these 4 Gens have been out for a long while now, plenty long enough for guys/gals to have formulated long term thoughts on the quality and comfort of these Rams. Considering everything you want in a vehicle, how has Ram delivered or failed to deliver on your expectations. I have owned probably near 20 vehicles, at least 6 or 7 brand new, mostly trucks or SUV's, and I have to admit Ram is way up there on my satisfaction list, top 2 for sure. I even had a 3 gen Cummins and that also was way up there in quality, all though I had to sell it due to it was a 5-speed and I had a knee problem. Thoughts?

Rate 1 to 10 in satisfaction poll, ten being the best and one being the worst.

MyRAMatDunkinDonuts and R.L.K. like this.
  2. Hemi395

Hemi395 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    So far my Ram is easily the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's very comfortable, has a good amount of power, I can fit my entire family with luggage and kid related stuff inside comfortably, haul stuff in the bed, tow a relatively heavy trailer, it looks great, and get 20mpg on the highway. Pretty much the best of all worlds for me.

Even though it's got some quirky problems like a relatively noisy engine, cheap lug nuts, mediocre paint quality, and a questionable transfer case (BW44-44), I don't regret my decision at all. Very happy with my truck. I catch myself looking at it in the driveway more than I'd care to admit....

S0CAL, patchelect, R.L.K. and 3 others like this.
  3. SKS 800

SKS 800 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    This is my third Ram. I had an '02, '05 and now a '16. I am very satisfied with this truck other than the paint quality.
    The paint has a lot of shadowing in it. The dealer said they would fix it, but I do not trust dealership body shops, so for now I'll live with it. Other than that, I love the truck.

4. THETANK

THETANK Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2015 R/T
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    I actually enjoy the R/T more than both my GT500 and SRT8 Challenger, strange but true. I mean just look at a cherry red metallic R/T and whats not to love, looks check sound (Magnaflow 14's) check, Lowered professionally check top notch polish/waxes used check well you get the idea. ANYONE that likes muscle cars/pony cars HAS TO LOVE the look of the R/T, hell you can't even compare the looks difference between a lifted and my lowered ride. Sorry but true and oh Merry Christmas.

R.L.K., tdog and powderbrad like this.
  5. mtofell

mtofell Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4
    Great value for the money compared to the competition. Definitely room for improvement with reliability and dealer support.

6. powderbrad

powderbrad Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Love it.
    Came from an 08. The ride is much better. Control is much better. Better in EVERY way.

RAM gave me a 400 HP reg cab. And i love the looks. Was a Chevy guy originally but until they put a 6.2 in a reg cab for me I'm a dodge guy. Never considered a ford....but I might in the future. A built bolt on 5.0 runs hard and they seemingly don't have too many trans issues.

It's also faster than my old stangs and a little more practical. Also Better on fuel believe it or not. I can drive it harder and get better returns on mpg.

Though...the tranny has me paranoid every time I fire it up :( it never used to....but lately for some reason.

I would almost consider a srt10 if it wasn't 2wd. Need 4wd here in Alberta. Id even accept the older interior.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  7. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    i have had 2 3rd gens and now on #2 fourth gen. we have also had 5 jeeps thrown in the mix. i can easily say all chrysler products have been stellar. fiat will really have to do some damage to even get me into a ford or gmc dealership.

8. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I am very satisfied with my truck. I have the 4x4 with the 5.7 , 3:92 LSD and the 8 speed and it's an awesome combo. The ride is awesome and I love the way it looks. I wish I would have bought a higher trim level but that's not the trucks fault. On a positive note my Express does have the good transfer case. Only complaints I have like everyone else are paint quality and body fitment. There's a small blotch in my hood you can see in the Sun that I brought to the Dealer's attention. They offered to fix it but I'd rather not have them screw with the paint on my truck. I have also had to have my box repositioned because it didn't fit correctly against the cab. I would give it an 8.5 to a 9.

9. Forcepro

Forcepro Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I have very little to complain about in this truck, easily the best vehicle I've own to date. There is nothing out there on the market after two years of ownership that makes me want to jump ship. I have it setup almost exactly like I dreamed, only thing left are aftermarket bumpers/winch and lights.

10. tones2SS

tones2SS Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I picked 8, but I do love my truck.
    My last truck was a Ram as well. Some small things I don't like about the truck, but I am overall very happy with it. :favorites13: