How Much do you Love or Hate your 4 Gen?

Satisfaction with your 4 gen Ram?

• 1-2 ...how come I can't put a zero, I hate this thing.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 3-4 ...not very satisfied with Ram

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • 5-6 ...it is ok but plenty room for improvement

Votes: 22 6.8%
  • 7-8 ...I really like the Ram

Votes: 123 38.2%
  • 9-10...the best I've owned

Votes: 165 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I said 7-8,

the only thing I would lit to see am improvement on is a transmission update ( can we all say HD 8 speed). other than that this truck is everything I ask of it.

simple ( tradesman model)
good price point
powerful
real truck HD axles (solid F & R)
real truck ride hight
real truck looks ( not to flashy, just good looking)
real truck ride ( 1ton lumber wagon ride, I love it)
floor shifter 4X4

and despite the "HEMI Tick" that some people have ( not me) the engine is known for being reliable and long lasting when taken care of.

st8er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Laramie Crew Cab
or start the engine with the remote start and accidentally leave your keys on the seat when you lock the door out of habit. I did it... Sucked lol thank god my wife is small enough to fit through my back window lol

My only real complaint is the A/C buttons. Like seriously the knob should be temperature and the buttons should be the amount of air! Ram did that part backwards :( It bugs the hell out of me

Already done that. My phone was in there too. I had to borrow a phone to call my wife. She logged into the u connect app and unlocked the truck for me. Now I have a spare key in a megnetic box hidden under the truck.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Already done that. My phone was in there too. I had to borrow a phone to call my wife. She logged into the u connect app and unlocked the truck for me. Now I have a spare key in a megnetic box hidden under the truck.
They make a trailer hitch "plug" that sits in the trailer hitch and has a 4 number "bicycle style" lock with the spinning wheels with the 1-9 numbers. When you unlock it the little door opens. You can fit keys, wallet, credit cards etc in there. I havnt ordered one yet but i want too soon and leave my spare key in there incase i ever get locked out.

Its really ideal for fishing or a day at the beach. Leave your wallet and keys in there so you dont lose them in the sand or on the rocks fishing. I forget the companys name/website but i can find it in my bookmarks ill post it up.

009dc086dc086a5b4738c29577698044.jpg

HitchSafe.com

Amazon.com- Only $49!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They make a trailer hitch "plug" that sits in the trailer hitch and has a 4 number "bicycle style" lock with the spinning wheels with the 1-9 numbers. When you unlock it the little door opens. You can fit keys, wallet, credit cards etc in there. I havnt ordered one yet but i want too soon and leave my spare key in there incase i ever get locked out.

Its really ideal for fishing or a day at the beach. Leave your wallet and keys in there so you dont lose them in the sand or on the rocks fishing. I forget the companys name/website but i can find it in my bookmarks ill post it up.

009dc086dc086a5b4738c29577698044.jpg

HitchSafe.com

Amazon.com- Only $49!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

question is if i hit it with a hammer will it open... people are creative when they are tempted. I did add a safe into the Ram but thats in the back seat

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Granted, I've never owned anything like this, but, I love this damn truck! It dawned on me about a month ago when I was browsing through this forum and got bored. With my 15 Express, I was always looking for mods to make it better (radio, door handles, console swaps, leather covers etc.). With the Laramie, other than a few small practical things (window tint, tonneau, front tow hooks), there isn't anything I want to do to it. It came with everything I wanted.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a 2013 2500 cummins mega,(too big) 2015 & 2016 2 ecodiesels and now a 5.7 hemi Laramie. I absolutely love the hemi ! I'm sold on this one!

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Don't you guys have a key option for your doors. Mine has a fob, but I got a key cut and I have a bullet proof hiding place under the truck. Then you can hide whatever in the cab. A hitch safe, novel idea but broadcasts your business.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Don't you guys have a key option for your doors. Mine has a fob, but I got a key cut and I have a bullet proof hiding place under the truck. Then you can hide whatever in the cab. A hitch safe, novel idea but broadcasts your business.
What did you use for a Blank for that spare door key? I assume they cut it from the key part in the FOB ? Or did you half to order it? Thanks

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Long time ago, they cut it from something I know that, they didn't have to order anything. I forget it was 2010, let me see if I can find an answer later. I forget what the dealer gave me. I had it done at a locksmith, not the dealer.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Long time ago, they cut it from something I know that, they didn't have to order anything. I forget it was 2010, let me see if I can find an answer later. I forget what the dealer gave me. I had it done at a locksmith, not the dealer.
I'd be interested in this too

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
What did you use for a Blank for that spare door key? I assume they cut it from the key part in the FOB ? Or did you half to order it? Thanks

Didn't you get two fobs with 2 keys in them and then 2 additional key for doors or tailgate only? I did the two door key only have a Ram head on them and look like keys that were used in 2004.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have voted 9-10. I have never owned a vehicle as long as my Ram I have put on 110,000 of the 137,000 it has. It is old by vehicle standards but I am not even tempted to get anything else. This is largely unheard of for me as I always used to look at other vehicles. The 4th gen Ram is just great overall. Rides is great the outside and inside is so nice. I have a Laramie and nearly very option they offered back in 09. The things I added were Auburn LSD, 4.56 gears (didn't like the 3.55), 32 gallon fuel tank, and backup camera. I would buy a Laramie, Laramie limited or Longhorn if I were to get another.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had mine a month and the driver door panel rattles a tiny bit w music playing. Kind of annoyed with that but not much I can do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I would ask the dealer to look at that, brand new truck they make fix that.

lippylu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love my loaded 2015 Sport CC. It has everything I need or want, except for that shifter knob. Owned her for 2 years and I still don't like it at all. Owned an '04 F150 Lariat, '12 Silverado LT, both Crew Cab.

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love my loaded 2015 Sport CC. It has everything I need or want, except for that shifter knob. Owned her for 2 years and I still don't like it at all. Owned an '04 F150 Lariat, '12 Silverado LT, both Crew Cab.

I thought I'd hate it; in fact, I specifically looked for one without it, but then I realized the 8speed only had the dial, so I accepted it. Now? LOVE it. I love having the extra room in the console too.