How often are you guys lubing front drive shaft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick,

Thanks for the video link! So the joints aren't greasable, only the ball (or the bearing for the ball) on the constant velocity joint. Jeez I should take a look at our Jeep, I've never greased it, I bet there could be a zerk in there too. There's 200k on our jeep front driveshaft and it still seems tight, so they last a long time.

It seems like a guy should should at 100k almost remove the front driveshaft, pull off the yoke, clean everything with solvent and regrease. Anyone done that?? Actually, If I did that I would probably drill and install zerk on the slip yoke.

Your welcome. I figured i would make that video as this question comes up ALOT on alot of forums and pages. I am horrible at making videos lol but at least it gives everyone and idea. that is the only part that gets greased. I havent even thought about taking it apart and doing that as i have less than 5,000 miles on my 17 Power Wagon but it is a good idea and easy enough to do. I just may do it when the time comes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel