How often?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by jschwanke84, Aug 25, 2016.

1. jschwanke84

jschwanke84 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    How often do you wash your truck vs full detail?

Curious to hear what everyone's regimen or schedule is. In the summer months I try to wash my vehicles every 2 weeks just to keep them looking nice. I only full detail twice a year, once in the fall right after summer, and once in the spring after winter. During the winter months I will MAYBE do a regular wash one time, but sometimes not at all until spring because I live in Oregon where it rains quite a bit.

What do you do?

2. Pull Ya

Pull Ya Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I'm sure you are aware that your going to get varied answers depending on where people live, the weather and whether the truck is parked outside or inside and how people use their trucks. I wash my truck every week. Exterior detail at least once a month. Interior detail about every 2 months depending on how much we use the truck. It is NOT a daily driver and is garage kept.
    Jay

3. jschwanke84

jschwanke84 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Yeah of course everyone will have different methods for different reasons. This was more of a post just to spark some conversation and share how we all keep our trucks looking good.

If someone hauls dirt and rocks and construction equipment daily for a living I'm sure their process is much different than say, you, who doesn't daily drive your truck and keeps it in the garage.

Pull Ya likes this.
  4. raggdoll

raggdoll Junior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 Laramie
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    I usually wash it once a week, including a quick interior wipe down and vacuum.

A thorough cleaning once every month or so, plus a major detail in the spring and fall.

Everyone who knows me, knows my truck is usually immaculate. It's a daily driver!

5. THETANK

THETANK Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2015 R/T
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    I used to wash and wax or wash and polish every 10-12 miles sometimes a wee bit more often. Three times in my driving career I have waxed the vehicle 10 times from Fri night after work until Sun supper. Even at that I would still polish or wax during the week. I have slowed down a bit over the years but if I feel like something different I go to the wash it yourself joint.. I can guarantee you that mine is cleaner before going in than all cars that have washed and are coming out.

6. CRam

CRam Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I haven't washed my truck in 7 months... It is also being stored in a garage till I get back stateside. Then every couple weeks.

7. freefallin

freefallin Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I detail every 2 - 3 months. Wash, vacuum, and clean interior every 2 - 3 weeks. I daily-drive mine, but keep her in the garage. Unfortunately, whilst at work she sits under the S. Tx. sun and heat for 8 hours 5 days a week.

8. Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2012 lonestar edition converted over to a R/T
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Wash once a week, interior clean, tire shine etc. Was it once a month these days. It used to happen weekly.

9. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Ive never detailed my truck and I never plan on it either.

All it sees is the pressure washer once it a while.

10. goodguy11

goodguy11 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    HEMI 5.7
    I usually have an every other day regimen between washing the exterior and interior. I will wax prolly around 4-6 time a year. Winter time I usually pressure wash it in the garage at work once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk