How to Add Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) to a Manual Temperature Control Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok. Where in alpha is the setting. Just looked under vehicle config and didn't see anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should be there. I'll give you a screenshot here is a moment.

Vehicle Configuration 3: HVAC Configuration:

Select:
Dual Zone ATC

Disconnect AlfaOBD app & shut off the truck for a few minutes and you must wait for the Dual Temp sliders to display on the 8.4 radio before proceeding with single zone ATC change.
(Battery disconnect between can speed up the radio/BCM reset for changes, especially with a UAx radio)

Select:
Single Zone ATC

Screenshot (2).png

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nvm. Found it [emoji2359]

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Should be there. I'll give you a screenshot here is a moment.

Vehicle Configuration 3: HVAC Configuration:

Select:
Dual Zone ATC

Disconnect AlfaOBD app & shut off the truck for a few minutes and you must wait for the Dual Temp sliders to display on the 8.4 radio before proceeding with single zone ATC change.
(Battery disconnect between can speed up the radio/BCM reset for changes, especially with a UAx radio)

Select:
Single Zone ATC

View attachment 157661

Worked like a champ [emoji1303]

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only thing I didn't like about doing the single zone ATC is that it would still display the temp on the pass side of the radio when adjusting the temp as if they were synced. Switched to a dual zone bezel and changed hvac config back to dual zone ATC. Get all the same features with the auto button and can choose to sync up temps or individual now.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only thing I didn't like about doing the single zone ATC is that it would still display the temp on the pass side of the radio when adjusting the temp as if they were synced. Switched to a dual zone bezel and changed hvac config back to dual zone ATC. Get all the same features with the auto button and can choose to sync up temps or individual now.

What is the process to switch to dual zone?

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

What all did you have to buy that was different from single zone to dual zone?

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bought a dual zone bezel and changed hvac to dual zone ATC. Originally was gonna have Grimm make the crossover for me but he was backed up plus I had to buy the dual zone module anyway. Just found it easier this way. It won't actually change the temp on the pass side bc the floor box is different but I doubt anyone could tell. Bezel and radio work exactly like it was designed to, just missing a blend door lol

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Just bought a dual zone bezel and changed hvac to dual zone ATC. Originally was gonna have Grimm make the crossover for me but he was backed up plus I had to buy the dual zone module anyway. Just found it easier this way. It won't actually change the temp on the pass side bc the floor box is different but I doubt anyone could tell. Bezel and radio work exactly like it was designed to, just missing a blend door lol

So it doesn’t really change anything on the passenger side? And changing out only the floor box will change it to dual zone? Or does the ducting have to change as well?

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So it doesn’t really change anything on the passenger side? And changing out only the floor box will change it to dual zone? Or does the ducting have to change as well?

No, it wont actually change anything on the pass side without the proper ducting. Just doesn't glitch on the radio anymore and looks better imo. I originally only made this mod bc I hated how the temp was not displayed on the MTC. Really grown to like the auto now

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
No, it wont actually change anything on the pass side without the proper ducting. Just doesn't glitch on the radio anymore and looks better imo. I originally only made this mod bc I hated how the temp was not displayed on the MTC. Really grown to like the auto now

Ok cool thanks. I think I can get a decent bezel from car-part for like 60$ or so. Yeah, I don’t like the non-number showing slider either.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

No it will not adjust the temperature between the drive and passenger side. The HVAC box that is in the dual zone trucks is completely different than the regular single zone trucks. There is a separate blend door for the passenger side on the dual zone trucks. I chose to set mine at single zone ATC because when it was set to dual zone ATC I had DTC codes because the truck was looking for the passenger side blend door. I actually have the custom single zone ATC bezel that M2mods makes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
No it will not adjust the temperature between the drive and passenger side. The HVAC box that is in the dual zone trucks is completely different than the regular single zone trucks. There is a separate blend door for the passenger side on the dual zone trucks. I chose to set mine at single zone ATC because when it was set to dual zone ATC I had DTC codes because the truck was looking for the passenger side blend door. I actually have the custom single zone ATC bezel that M2mods makes.

60$ and no down time for missing radio and hvac controls beats the 200$ alternative in my opinion. Especially when all it is doing is adding the auto hard button

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
60$ and no down time for missing radio and hvac controls beats the 200$ alternative in my opinion. Especially when all it is doing is adding the auto hard button

Not sure if I understand what you are saying but it's your decision. I was simply answering your question on whether or not the actual dual zone ATC would work and it won't. You can run it however you want and use whichever bezel you want. I stated I set mine to the single zone ATC because the truck shows DTC codes when it's on the dual zone ATC. I try not to have DTC codes in my truck because it seems to function better and take codes better without them.

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Not sure if I understand what you are saying but it's your decision. I was simply answering your question on whether or not the actual dual zone ATC would work and it won't. You can run it however you want and use whichever bezel you want. I stated I set mine to the single zone ATC because the truck shows DTC codes when it's on the dual zone ATC. I try not to have DTC codes in my truck because it seems to function better and take codes better without them.

Wasn’t saying anything derogatory, just making a general comment. While yes I’d rather not have buttons that didn’t do anything, can’t justify (currently) the 200$ cost on the other side to just add the auto button when I can just spend 60$ is all I meant.

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Strange it throws codes on yours but nothing on mine. Wonder if me having a 2500 has anything to do with it.

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Strange it throws codes on yours but nothing on mine. Wonder if me having a 2500 has anything to do with it.

This would be good to know too. See if the difference does matter.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have to say that my single zone ATC bezel from M2Mods is worth every penny in form and function and the shipping was really quick too. @Mpgrimm2 and @DeereGuy are absolutely wonderful to work with!!!

The knowledge and help here on the forum is just as important as any part you can purchase.

ATC.jpg