How to Fluid Film your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
Does anyone know where I can purchase this fluid film compressor kit in Canada? I've searched high and low, can't find it anywhere. None of the sites I've looked at allow it to be shipped to Canada which is strange.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
All I have is the pancake thing...glad I didn’t waste my money on a gun. I’ll get some shop to do it and use the cans for touch up.

All iv been using is a Harbor Freight electric paint sorayer with just one modification. Works well.

Just warm the fluid film before spraying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Does anyone know where I can purchase this fluid film compressor kit in Canada? I've searched high and low, can't find it anywhere. None of the sites I've looked at allow it to be shipped to Canada which is strange.

Amazon?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Says unavailable to ship to Canada...

Similar function, different product, actually comes FROM Canada....Ive used this and Fluid Film and like the Corrosion Free better because its not lanolin based (doesn't smell like wet goat ... )

They sell the undercoating liquid along with 2 or 3 guns to spray it with, at different price levels.

https://corrosionfree.com/store/

Since they are in Canada you might be able to find an "installer" and have them do it instead.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
What's the one modification??

Cut off the straight plastic suction tube just long enough so I could slip this hose over it. Put a bend in the hose with a heat gun so it’s sucking from the bottom of the container while I’m laying on my back on the ground

0fb5d950d84fa54742f7f6f8ad0abeb0.jpg

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
Similar function, different product, actually comes FROM Canada....Ive used this and Fluid Film and like the Corrosion Free better because its not lanolin based (doesn't smell like wet goat ... )

They sell the undercoating liquid along with 2 or 3 guns to spray it with, at different price levels.

https://corrosionfree.com/store/

Since they are in Canada you might be able to find an "installer" and have them do it instead.
Thanks a lot for the insight. I've always heard of corrosion free, but never really looked into it because I've always had good results with Fluid Film. Looks as is corrosion free is better anyway, and its kits are available locally in person. Thanks again, corrosion free seems to sell some good application equipment as well.

mikey517

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cut off the straight plastic suction tube just long enough so I could slip this hose over it. Put a bend in the hose with a heat gun so it’s sucking from the bottom of the container while I’m laying on my back on the ground

0fb5d950d84fa54742f7f6f8ad0abeb0.jpg

OK...got it....Thanks!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks a lot for the insight. I've always heard of corrosion free, but never really looked into it because I've always had good results with Fluid Film. Looks as is corrosion free is better anyway, and its kits are available locally in person. Thanks again, corrosion free seems to sell some good application equipment as well.

I definitely liked it a lot better myself. The CF is almost like a hair gel consistency until its sprayed. The Fluid Film is like peanut butter and you really need to shake and mix it up to get it fluid enough to apply (unless you are brushing it on).

CF will smell a little if it gets hot (i.e. on exhaust) but not nearly as bad as Fluid Film.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Definitely a Michigan Truck. On the hoist next to mine.

[emoji23][emoji23]

ff97b782497067015f38f5a57296b484.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Does corrosion free dry or set up? I've used Fluid Film, Krown, Boeshield, and LPS 3. The Boeshield actually sets up and stays put the best on my 4 wheeler underbody. I did a back to back test Krown vs. Boeshield vs. Fluid Film. The Krown seems to spray the best and creeps further but stays wet. The Boeshield actually stays put and somewhat dries and sets up (which I like for the 4 wheelers and trailers), The Fluid Film & LPS 3 are thicker and stay relatively moist.

So.....does corrosion free set up or dry? Thx

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
It gets tacky. Always stays a bit tacky and slimy like fluid film does.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Corrosion Free doesnt set up like the Boeshield will, but I feel like it does "set" more than Fluid Film. It also starts off better than FF, IMHO....more of a hair gel consistency and no need to really mix it or heat it up to liquify and spray it.

I used Boeshield T9 on my cast iron workshop tools. It setup like a dry wax type material and kept the cast iron from rusting while providing slickness for wood to move across.

Reactions: U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I have a hard time footing the bill of corrosion free.

I know its a bet product though

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last I ordered it was $65/gallon shipped. FF is about $44/gallon shipped (from Amazon). I used 1 gallon to do my truck, probably could have used a bit less if I was more efficient with the sprayer.

But figure 65 vs 44 once a year. Its not THAT much more expensive.

They do sell expensive (and cheap) spray guns, I bought the better one just because I could and figured if I do it every year it will pay to have the better tool. I havent tried it in my HF electric sprayer....wonder if it would work there? And that was really cheap ($19)

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Corrosion Free doesnt set up like the Boeshield will, but I feel like it does "set" more than Fluid Film. It also starts off better than FF, IMHO....more of a hair gel consistency and no need to really mix it or heat it up to liquify and spray it.

I used Boeshield T9 on my cast iron workshop tools. It setup like a dry wax type material and kept the cast iron from rusting while providing slickness for wood to move across.

Thx for the reply. Clearer now.

ramrocker

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Thanks for the great thread on this.
Started out with some fluid film spay cans.
Then bought the Kellsport Products Fluid Film & Woolwax Pro Undercoating Gun kit. I like it a lot.
Have done my Ram and Ranger so far.
Really like the gun & extension wands, much less messy than the spray cans.
Just did the inner & outer rocker panels today, a lot more space in those than I thought there would be.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
You will appreciate your time spent doing this when your truck is rust free in 10 years.