How to get sponsored?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its always ram through my mind on how to get sponsored......
Soooooo i'm asking y'all lol
Wat does it take???

It aint easy.... bein' Easy ;)

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gotta be building something out of the norm that's gonna get a lot of attention. Look at Robbie Bryant...the guys does his builds out of the norm and has built a solid reputation and his builds get the attention parts companies wanna be apart of.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Gotta be building something out of the norm that's gonna get a lot of attention. Look at Robbie Bryant...the guys does his builds out of the norm and has built a solid reputation and his builds get the attention parts companies wanna be apart of.

Bingo.

And thats why he's running my lights this year for SEMA :********:

DaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I have a few sponsorship's. Both local an national.

Its not about what they can provide you, its about what YOU can provide for them.

Having a unique build is one way, racing is another, or a combination. I have both of those types.

Sponsorship's very in what you can get, some are 100%, some are just parts, some are a large discount on parts, some may be just labor. Each sponsor will want to "invest" what they feel is wise.

If you decide to ask for sponsorship's, you MUST bring more to the table then they bring. What can you bring?

in my case,
Unique builds (testing of new parts, for example)
Racing (and winning alot)
being active on many internet forums
Communication with sponsors is very important too.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah it takes a lot to get sponsored. Now you can get "sponsored" by local shops a little easier than national companies

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sponsorships really can be touchy. It depends what you're plan is for it. In my case, it's a show truck, vs a Cummins drag truck, so the type of parts are different. I've found that your build has to be something different, and unique. In my case...that's part of the reason why I went with the ostrich interior, who the hell does ostrich in a lifted truck?

You'll want to also get a some professional pictures that you can use to market the truck. It sounds stupid to say, but you have to be kind of a sell out to a point. Make a Facebook page with build updates, pictures, any shows or events you're going to etc. Also, it helps to have a dedicated email account.

Then, write up a form letter. From there, email the fwak out of companies till you get responses. You'll want to present yourself in a professional way, that sells yourself, your truck, and also benefits the company.

Burntfire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've found in the past is you either win a bunch of races to get sponsored (how I did it) or you build crazy rides and spend a bit of money (how my friend did it) My friend said he dropped about 15k on his ride before he got some sponsors.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Sponsorships really can be touchy. It depends what you're plan is for it. In my case, it's a show truck, vs a Cummins drag truck, so the type of parts are different. I've found that your build has to be something different, and unique. In my case...that's part of the reason why I went with the ostrich interior, who the hell does ostrich in a lifted truck?

You'll want to also get a some professional pictures that you can use to market the truck. It sounds stupid to say, but you have to be kind of a sell out to a point. Make a Facebook page with build updates, pictures, any shows or events you're going to etc. Also, it helps to have a dedicated email account.

Then, write up a form letter. From there, email the fwak out of companies till you get responses. You'll want to present yourself in a professional way, that sells yourself, your truck, and also benefits the company.

sounds like pretty damn good advice

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
To sum it, plan to "stand out". Most companies get overwhelmed with letters to sponsor...tons, THOUSANDS....show them what you can bring is overall better than the crowd, and what si your show plan. Where will go, what shows, how will you display, how will you promote, what can you give the company thats sponsoring you.

If your out to get a sponsorship just to get free goods, you'll be in the 10,000 emails/letters they get....file 13.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Do people just ask this question because they think sponsorship = free stuff.

Pretty much. They see all these built trucks in Truckin' magazine with sponsorship decals on them and think that these companies are just handing out stuff to these truck owners so why can't they get in on some of the kool-ade. I've had 2 sponsorships for my truck and we've both parted ways because either I haven't been able to keep up with their requirements for sponsorship (working too much out of town) or I had outgrown what they could provide me.

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As mentioned what can you provide to them? What do you bring to the table? Being on forums and hitting a few show and shines ain't going to cut it. Niether do big dreams unless it's in conjunction with an established organization and reputable/known industry personnel. All of which require measurable output/benefit to the sponsor.

Last edited:

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do people just ask this question because they think sponsorship = free stuff.

In my case, I always wondered how some people can afford to build multiple Sema trucks year after year. Or how kids fresh outa high school are building these monster diesel rigs out in Texas usually. Mom and Pops money, or sponsors, cuz I know "working hard" aint gonna cut the $80k+ trucks these teens are driving.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In my case, I always wondered how some people can afford to build multiple Sema trucks year after year. Or how kids fresh outa high school are building these monster diesel rigs out in Texas usually. Mom and Pops money, or sponsors, cuz I know "working hard" aint gonna cut the $80k+ trucks these teens are driving.

Not to rant but nothing irks me more to see that. They get a truck that cost twice my first house and expect more from everyone. Ugh.... [/End Rant]