How-to Install 2013-2017 Directed 3x Remote Start with THCHC3 T-Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Marin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a bit of info on how to make this happen fairly easily and super affordable. I have since added the DSM300 SmartStart and it all works great!

Hope it could help some.

wolver1385

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
do y
Just a bit of info on how to make this happen fairly easily and super affordable. I have since added the DSM300 SmartStart and it all works great!

Hope it could help some.

hey ma great video! do you by any chance have a direct link to the kit that you purchased?

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's in the description of the video on YouTube

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dustin Steffey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just received and installed mine today. I am excited that I finally have remote start and it was not a hard install at all!

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought mine from "Doug" as well, my unit looks slightly different. I don't know how yours will react, but I had to disconnect the battery and had to reprogram everything again (which was a huge pain because I don't have a PC so I had to borrow a laptop).

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought mine from "Doug" as well, my unit looks slightly different. I don't know how yours will react, but I had to disconnect the battery and had to reprogram everything again (which was a huge pain because I don't have a PC so I had to borrow a laptop).
I had that exact thing happened to me the other day, and had to have it reprogrammed. The last few days I've been working on my stereo system and unplugging the ground from the battery, and now my key fobs need to be reprogrammed again because it will not remote start. I called directed directly yesterday because Doug no longer sells this stuff and does not have access to the directed website so I can reprogram it myself. They were very puzzled as to why this is happening. So now it's happening to you that's the second person maybe we can get them to look at it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had that exact thing happened to me the other day, and had to have it reprogrammed. The last few days I've been working on my stereo system and unplugging the ground from the battery, and now my key fobs need to be reprogrammed again because it will not remote start. I called directed directly yesterday because Doug no longer sells this stuff and does not have access to the directed website so I can reprogram it myself. They were very puzzled as to why this is happening. So now it's happening to you that's the second person maybe we can get them to look at it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I didn't know he quit selling them...I emailed him when it happened and he emailed me the instructions with a login on and everything (took him 5 days to respond), but that was about 3 months ago. I still haven't programmed it again, I actually took it out. I don't have a PC and when I hooked my battery back up, the truck did some weird stuff. Really don't want to get stranded one day because my remote start is faulty.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't know he quit selling them...I emailed him when it happened and he emailed me the instructions with a login on and everything (took him 5 days to respond), but that was about 3 months ago. I still haven't programmed it again, I actually took it out. I don't have a PC and when I hooked my battery back up, the truck did some weird stuff. Really don't want to get stranded one day because my remote start is faulty.
Yeah it's unfortunate, and now a pain. Wish I would have known he would run into trouble. I think Directed cracked down on Dealer logins as there should only be dealers logging in, yet he was handing them out to all who bought.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah it's unfortunate, and now a pain. Wish I would have known he would run into trouble. I think Directed cracked down on Dealer logins as there should only be dealers logging in, yet he was handing them out to all who bought.

So what do you do now? Find a dealer to re-flash the unit? Maybe ill put mine in....or sell it depending.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What I did last week was stopped by Best Buy, the tech there hooked me up and reprogrammed it, as they are dealers. Now I will have to go back and ask him to do it again. You can check Directed websites for nearby dealers and give them a call and explain the situation to them. I called one of them that is 2 hours away and they were willing to do it for free, but glad I checked BestBuy as they are very local to me.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Curious, what year is your truck?

MrRickbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Hope it could help some.

This is cool and a much better price than the factory option! How long have you been running it, any issues come up with it?