How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gibbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
It's the angle of the phone camera. I had it resting on the console lid because I have trouble holding it steady. As far as I can tell, it's identical in size to an RA4 radio.

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
this will work on my ram 1500 2013 slt started with RA1 now I have RA4 and I would like to upgrade to c4 UAQ

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been using my UAS upgrade for about a month now and am really pleased overall with. 1 issue that has surfaced is that the system doesn't seem to recognize if the headlights are on or not, when I select the "auto" mode to dim the display when the headlights are on there is no change. In manual mode it doesn't cycle between the two settings. it thinks the headlights are on all the time. Has anyone else run into this? Any fix available?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've been using my UAS upgrade for about a month now and am really pleased overall with. 1 issue that has surfaced is that the system doesn't seem to recognize if the headlights are on or not, when I select the "auto" mode to dim the display when the headlights are on there is no change. In manual mode it doesn't cycle between the two settings. it thinks the headlights are on all the time. Has anyone else run into this? Any fix available?
Interested in an answer too. I have a similar issue with an Tesla style radio.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I would like to purchase a media harness please. Can you message me? I started a conversation but IM not sure if that got to you or not as I am new and not familiar with the way the forum works.

Thanks You
Sent you a message.

M² Mods.

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Wondering if they will get the connect working on these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
DeereGuy is trying to find a reasonably priced source to get the connectors we need behind the pass air vent. Minimum order quantity is the issue (trying not to tack on a bunch of $$$ for the 1500/7 speed HVAC folks)

M² Mods.

grandslam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 18 2500 CTD with a UAS radio, it sounds like I should be able to just plug in a UAQ Nav radio and it’ll work?

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
0c5a1eb62e15dc4e66bc9a44ab76028e.jpg. Ok I would like to put in the new 2018 radio in my 2017. Issue I have is I did not have a media console so I put the one I had in the dash. Any idea where I could accommodate the bigger media hub or any way to keep current with new radio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck1127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
0c5a1eb62e15dc4e66bc9a44ab76028e.jpg. Ok I would like to put in the new 2018 radio in my 2017. Issue I have is I did not have a media console so I put the one I had in the dash. Any idea where I could accommodate the bigger media hub or any way to keep current with new radio?

Did you replace the ac outlet that was there? Also will it work with CarPlay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I had a little storage compartment and installed an older center console taking out my jump seat. The issue is some of the older consoles did not have a place for the media center so I relocated it to the dash. I am hearing you have to install the new media hub which is physically larger if you upgrade to the Panasonic brand stereo with car play. My current on has nav but no CarPlay which is what I am trying to get. I know their are some pretty smart people on here that could offer ideas short of buying a new truck.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I had a little storage compartment and installed an older center console taking out my jump seat. The issue is some of the older consoles did not have a place for the media center so I relocated it to the dash. I am hearing you have to install the new media hub which is physically larger if you upgrade to the Panasonic brand stereo with car play. My current on has nav but no CarPlay which is what I am trying to get. I know their are some pretty smart people on here that could offer ideas short of buying a new truck.

They older USB hub will not work with the 18 radio. You will need one of the 2 USB hubs listed in the OP and likely the 18 Compass hub is your best option as far as fitment. You will also need the UAx USB hub adapter harness that you can get from DeereGuy or myself.

M² Mods.

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Man, don't I feel stupid!? I figured out what was going on with not recognizing the headlights being on/off. I had the interior light dimmer clicked to full bright, not clicked to always on, but full bright. Once I adjusted it down to the highest brightness before the "click full bright" it started to see the headlights on/off status. Works as it should, operator error!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam