How To Install OEM footwell lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
For rear footwells, I drilled holes in the cup holder and mounted 'flush mounted' LEDs, and spliced them into the existing seat wiring harness that runs from the middle of the storage area on either side...

20210312_202117_HDR.jpg

Earl Zeis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Hello,
I added foot well lights to my 2018 Ram 3500 tradesman crew cab diesel. I found the passenger side harness and the light works. I can't find the driver's side harness. I've looked multiple times. Any hints to finding it? Could one side be wired and not the other? I looked and felt over all the harnesses and couldn't find the damn thing. Flash light and all. I only found one loose harness connector and it's not remotely correct.

Thanks,
Earl

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Hello,
I added foot well lights to my 2018 Ram 3500 tradesman crew cab diesel. I found the passenger side harness and the light works. I can't find the driver's side harness. I've looked multiple times. Any hints to finding it? Could one side be wired and not the other? I looked and felt over all the harnesses and couldn't find the damn thing. Flash light and all. I only found one loose harness connector and it's not remotely correct.

Thanks,
Earl
Mine was actually zip-tied to the OBDII harness, folded over and facing the firewall...

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Speaking of Footwell something I've always been curios about but have never gotten around to fixing or finding out why (just High hanging fruit I guess) Why is my glovebox light tied to my footwells (i e Door open) circuit? (It only comes on when both the gb door (switch) and any other door (curtesy) is open)

Earl Zeis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Mine was actually zip-tied to the OBDII harness, folded over and facing the firewall...
Thanks! Found it. Very short on the top of the OBD2 harness taped. Having my security bypass installed made it even harder to find. Felt the OBD2 harness and bam, instant find.

Earl