How to modify oem switch panels to use the dead buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick1500Josh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know a store or part number for a switch like this size but in toggle instead of momentary. I went to radio shack and picked up a momentary but I need a toggle version too. The staff was not knowledgeable at all and I didn't see one in their stock. I've tried Home Depot. Pep boys. Discount auto parts. Radio shack. No one has one this small.

Stlram81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nicely done. Was just thinking about those wasted buttons the other day!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bump ! To make easier to find

OP
OP
C

cgworth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So if im understandinproperly...The buton you installed are behind the factory empty spaces? So you still have the clean look, and push the empty space?

that is correct sir

OP
OP
C

cgworth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Anyone know a store or part number for a switch like this size but in toggle instead of momentary. I went to radio shack and picked up a momentary but I need a toggle version too. The staff was not knowledgeable at all and I didn't see one in their stock. I've tried Home Depot. Pep boys. Discount auto parts. Radio shack. No one has one this small.

Radio shack should have them you just have to dig thru the drawers. all the radio shacks in my area closed down so i can no longer go there and look. you could think about using the Hazard switch and running a hidden toggle somewhere for the hazards or look thru a junk yard for another switch panel and see if you can figure out a way to remove just the hazard piece from the the panel you find

OP
OP
C

cgworth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

either of these look like they would work, they both say they have an on off function. not sure of the size or if they would work , its hard to say without having them in hand
(28).Mini Push Button Switch-Dip Switch Toggle Switch Rocker Switch Micro Switch Switches Pacer Technology Co., Ltd. (Member of ECE group)

(28).Mini Push Button Switch-Dip Switch Toggle Switch Rocker Switch Micro Switch Switches Pacer Technology Co., Ltd. (Member of ECE group)

kidfresh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummings 6.7
any way i can see these pics

the photos say something about 3rd party hosting from photobucket or something and im very interested in this post. any help>

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Photobucket ruined many forum posts....

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
:hail:

Bump.

Gordinho80

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OMG! Thank you! I knew there had to be a way to use those dead switches!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963