How to tell OEM SRT10 wheels from reproductions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgethz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So i found a set of OEM SRT10 off a 2005 SRT10 wheels for sale that i am going to take a loom at, they have been podercoated black and are not original finish.
The seller claims they came off a Friends truck i just want to make sure before i buy. Is there an easy way to tell if they are OEM what kind of part numbers ect... should i be looking for stamped in the back? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks alot.

OP
OP
D

dodgethz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look for the Chrysler emblem on the inside.

I heard that but I also heard that the reproductions may also have the Chrysler stamped on the back....someone told me that OEM will also have "speedline" or made in Italy on the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I heard that but I also heard that the reproductions may also have the Chrysler stamped on the back....someone told me that OEM will also have "speedline" or made in Italy on the back

Yes should have "Made in Italy" and/or "Speedline", but I know that there's on 2 different versions..."OEM" and "replica", a "reproduction" that is signed off by Chrysler would have the emblem as well since they would be authorized to use Chrysler specs. If it doesn't have the emblem then you can bet that they're "replica" and not "OEM".

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
The knockoffs better not have the Chrysler on the backside...or shouldn't, that's huge copyright infringement.

OP
OP
D

dodgethz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So in other words it must have the Chrysler symbol and made in Italy and or speedline to be OEM?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
It should have Chrysler, something Daimler on it....

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
And the part number usually

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if you looked at them yet, but there is a substantial weight difference as the replicas are cast and the OEM's are forged, I believe there is about a 15-20# weight difference