How to turn Seatbelt Chime off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This may have been mentioned, I didn't read through all the pages, but this also works in Jeeps. My wife got a new Cherokee a few weeks ago and asked me if I could figure out how to turn off the dinging, so I tried this and it worked.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I went through the process once again to no avail. When I complete the process I get the "ding" indicating success when I shut off the key but upon startup I still get the 5 dings (my main concern) and I can't back up with my door open unless the belt is buckled. The reason I don't like the dings on startup is because I prefer to start immediately upon entrance so the engine can circulate some oil before I put it in gear. I usually take a minute or more to "get situated" since I often bring things to place in the interior. Nothing serious, just and annoyance.
I think you’re confused on what this actually disables. You’ll still have the reminder dings on startup. It just stops the reminder from dinging every 5 seconds while you’re driving. This also does not disable auto park, so you will still not be able to drive with your door open and seatbelt unbuckled.

Burnstork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Oh, thanks for the clarification! Yes, it's the dinging at startup that I hate. I also would like to listen to the radio while detailing the interior but the dinging makes it intolerable. Same with talking on bluetooth with door open to get breeze.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Late to the party here but THANK YOU this worked perfectly 1st try on my '14.

And yeah, I do wear my seatbelt on the road but as others have mentioned it's silly to have to put it on or listen to the damn dings that never STOP just because I have to get out open/close gate and drive up driveway ... or driving around the property.

OP
OP
GW55

GW55

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport QC
Engine
Hemi, 5.7
Did this to my 2020 Chrysler Pacifica also. Worked the same.

ctf0015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My favorite DIY thus far. I used to live in a "community" where the speed limit was only 10 mph anywhere you went, mail box, market, etc. Was nice to just get in the truck and go without a ding.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Don't know if it was mentioned but with AlphaOBD you can also turn off the warning chime while driving. The light on the dash is still on though just like the manual process.