How to: V6 Efan Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xsen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So coming back to this thread. I've found the PWM parameters - the fan expects 100 Hz PWM signal, positive polarity.

Now in the HPTuners editor I see that the PCM has the option of controlling the fan by the PWM signal, which would be the best way to get it working, as I would be able to fine tune the fan speed VS ECT. Has anyone ever tried going this route? True, a standalone fan controller is also an option, but I would rather stick with the OE PCM and not add any more failure points to the system.

Looking for the output pin number and the schematic in general - is the PCM directly connected to the fan motor or is there another module between. Will post my findings anyway, but maybe someone already knows all the answers and would be willing to share! :D

EDIT:
Here's how it looks in the schematic for a 2013 3.6 Ram:
1702058153844.png

Looks like the control signal is connected directly to pin 30 Connector 1. Or am I reading this wrong?

Last edited:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So coming back to this thread. I've found the PWM parameters - the fan expects 100 Hz PWM signal, positive polarity.

Now in the HPTuners editor I see that the PCM has the option of controlling the fan by the PWM signal, which would be the best way to get it working, as I would be able to fine tune the fan speed VS ECT. Has anyone ever tried going this route? True, a standalone fan controller is also an option, but I would rather stick with the OE PCM and not add any more failure points to the system.

Looking for the output pin number and the schematic in general - is the PCM directly connected to the fan motor or is there another module between. Will post my findings anyway, but maybe someone already knows all the answers and would be willing to share! :D

EDIT:
Here's how it looks in the schematic for a 2013 3.6 Ram:
View attachment 533034

Looks like the control signal is connected directly to pin 30 Connector 1. Or am I reading this wrong?

@crazykid1994 would be your guy to answer this

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Judging by his post on the previous page, I think he went with a standalone fan controller.
He did. But he also did a lot of research on how to make it work with factory PCM so he has a good amount of knowledge on the subject.