I have a thud coming from my front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dylancunningham2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 98.5 ram 2500 w/ the 24v cummins motor. I've redone a lot of the front end, tie rods, tie rod ends, track bar, pitman arm, upper and lower ball joints, I've even put a new hydro booster and new power steering gear box in it. While driving, I have a slight bounce in the front end, not enough to knock my teeth out but enough that I can feel it, and when I hit a bump I hear a thud, so I don't know if it's suspension or if it could be the sway bar links (I need to replace those) or if it could be the steering stabilizer (which also needs to be replaced). My first thought is shocks.. but i'm by no means a mechanic. Any ideas from other 2nd Gen owners? Oh and by the way, it is lifted about 2 inches in the rear and I think just a leveling kit on the front which still causes the front end to sit a bit lower than the rear.. in case that helps.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
check to see if your tires are out of round / have a blown belt.

if they are good, then try the shocks , and sway bar links. Something is probably coming in contact if not the tire being bad