I have been searching. Flowmaster 40

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I have a 14" manaflow universal muffler and love it. Imo it is definitely not too loud but souds great. I don't have the party number on hand but mine its a si/do and you would need a si/so

Party number ? Like the one that came with your pants ?

OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Check out there web sight and look threw you tube for sound clips .. they are a great muffler

I have looked on youtube a little, but the sound quality isnt the greatest, so for me it's hard to judge. I will check out their website to see what I can find.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
That sounds like a plan

OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 14" manaflow universal muffler and love it. Imo it is definitely not too loud but souds great. I don't have the party number on hand but mine its a si/do and you would need a si/so

Thanks. So a little more rumble driving around town. I will be looking into this muffler a little more. Sounds like this might be the ticket im looking for.
What about the rear resonator behind the rear tires? Are people leaving it in, removing it, or replacing it?
Thanks again.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Party number ? Like the one that came with your pants ?

LOL I wish my muffler came with a party number ;)

Thanks. So a little more rumble driving around town. I will be looking into this muffler a little more. Sounds like this might be the ticket im looking for.
What about the rear resonator behind the rear tires? Are people leaving it in, removing it, or replacing it?
Thanks again.

I had the resonator removed when I replaced my muffler.

OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Awesome! Thanks.

BigH0ss

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Magnaflow will give you the most performance but flowmaster has the best sound in my opinion. I have flowmaster super 40 and 44 series on my vehicles and love it.

OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Magnaflow will give you the most performance but flowmaster has the best sound in my opinion. I have flowmaster super 40 and 44 series on my vehicles and love it.

Is that with just replacing the muffler or going with a full cat-back system?
Do you know if anyone has dyno'd the difference between the two (cat-back vs muffler replacement). I wouldn't think that there would be much difference being that they are both 3". I need to start digging for some good sound clips.

BigH0ss

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well the exhaust plumbing is pretty good on our trucks except for the y pipe. The full system kit is usually where the money is. But if you can replace the y pipe and the muffler, cop the resonators out then you just saved yourself alot of money. Also if you can find a high flow cat to replace the stock one with then your golden. I read somewhere that the engine needs to have back pressure to be able to shut down the 4 cylinders? Not sure if that's true or not...

OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well the exhaust plumbing is pretty good on our trucks except for the y pipe. The full system kit is usually where the money is. But if you can replace the y pipe and the muffler, cop the resonators out then you just saved yourself alot of money. Also if you can find a high flow cat to replace the stock one with then your golden. I read somewhere that the engine needs to have back pressure to be able to shut down the 4 cylinders? Not sure if that's true or not...
I don't have MDS on my truck so I am good there. I will have to look into the performance gains in going with a high flow cat, thanks.

While its in the air maybe look into upgrading the factory Y pipe w/ a Magnaflow Y (Part# 10778)
Thank you for the part number. Replacing the muffler and Y-pipe has been my plan all along. :cool: