I need some speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well, after a few years of jamming the local classic rock station and my own CDs, my passenger side front speaker is starting to rattle like a can of marbles. Seems like a good time to get some new ones! Anyone got any brand recommendations? Looking for straight plug-and-play here. Don't wanna mess with the wiring and stuff to make things work. I still gotta melt the wires together between my harness adapter and plug to my new CD player.

shadoweng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check on Crutchfield. They will let you know if the speakers will fit and then they normally give you any adapter you may need to make it plug and play for free.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I've always had really good luck and sound with Infinity components. I like the crossovers and the sound being separated.

Only thing with aftermarket, never found one that has the same amount of bass. Always tend to lose some bottom end. But gain the mid/high/clarity.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
I have Kenwood 5 x 7 or whatever size they are in my flat bed, lowered ram, and my miata. They were like $30 on amazon. have a good warranty too just in case.

Speakers are simple positive and negative, you can make any work. I do know some speaker are too deep for our ram doors, with the window track, but I havent had an issue.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Kenwood is a good brand, pioneer is decent. I personally found some good deals on Rockfor Fosgate speakers and put those in my truck. They fit real nice in the front and rear doors, and sound pretty good all the way up to around their max rating. Then they start to have trouble hitting the base and keeping the high range clear.