I need to spend some money...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vague

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
So I have $4,000(minus another pistol and a few things) to spend on truck mods, and I would love some input and advice.

I have an 08 1500 2wd quad cab with 53,000miles. 4.7 motor and the only performance mod is a flowmaster.

I'm looking at going to 20"s from the stock 17" and I would like to level the front out at the same time. I've never had a 2wd before, so I don't know if I should expect to mod anything else to do it right. Any input on leveling kits and what size tires would fit without rubbing would be very helpful.

I'm also looking at adding a CAI and a tuner chip. I was thinking about the airraid full kit with a dry filter and maybe the superchips vivid tuner. Again, any input for the best choices for the 4.7 would be awesome.

Also, I know our forum sponsers carry most of these parts, but where could be the cheapest to pick everything up?

Thanks for any help.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Check with Ramhunter at DB Truck Customs

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I have a 07 truck just like yours, I have a diablo sport programmer it helped alot I didn't go with a level because there isn't a great selection for your truck I have the cst 7" lift and love it. I do think a few companies make 2" levels but that's pretty much all you can do unless you get cst 3" coil springs

OP
OP
Vague

Vague

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I have a 07 truck just like yours, I have a diablo sport programmer it helped alot I didn't go with a level because there isn't a great selection for your truck I have the cst 7" lift and love it. I do think a few companies make 2" levels but that's pretty much all you can do unless you get cst 3" coil springs

Do you have a link for the springs? I wouldn't mind 2-4" lift, but I'm not trying to go higher than that. What all goes into that 3" lift? How's the ride feel with it? Noticed ant additional wear and tear or draw backs?

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I haven't had any issues at all, Texas rammer is running the springs also. It's on performance lifts website I'll see if I can find the link you can also get them from Dave probably. The best setup to do honestly is the spindles which are 4" but you don't need new shocks and the ride isn't changed at all But they are expensive like 8 or 900

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Could drop the rear and do a intake, tuner and a good set of gears with some change left over. Being an 08 you already have the good intake, maybe toss in a set of H/O cams if you feel like going into the motor.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Could drop the rear and do a intake, tuner and a good set of gears with some change left over. Being an 08 you already have the good intake, maybe toss in a set of H/O cams if you feel like going into the motor.

i like the way this guy thinks:naughty:

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins

Sex.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Psh, I could get a lot of sex for $47 in Rio apparently :p

That just sounds bad......

Far as mods all depends on what you are willing to trade off. Stock height or drop shackles in the rear with the listed mods will feel pretty dang peppy from the current setup. If you go lift you will get more appearance but will loose out on the extra power your trying to make because your going to start turning heavy tires and rims.

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I'm sure you could buy some good sex for $4gs:roflsquared:

Not what I meant haha!

I'd go with ken. I'm not against it because a lot of the best looking trucks on here are lifted 2wd's, but why do it if you're also looking for power? Take advantage of that drivetrain gain and weight loss you have vs a 4x4.

I vote on the rear drop and performance...turn that 4.7 into a creeper!

OP
OP
Vague

Vague

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I never thought about dropping the rear. I would be curious how the hauling weight would be affected? This truck is going to be a pavement princess, so I'm not going with knobbies or a/y'all. I just prefer the leveled look.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Get some helper bags and it should be fine I'd imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well hell if you need to spend money ill take it and gladly spend it for you

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Yep get a set of bags for the rear to air up when needed. To me the rears on these trucks are semi soft anyways. What kinda weight are we talking that you will be towing?

OP
OP
Vague

Vague

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Towing, not much. Motorcycles trailers, or small ski boat at most. Mostly throwing bikes in the bed or other stuff around that weight.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Tyler had a set of bags for sale awhile back let me see if I can find the link for ya.

NVM he sold them after looking back sorry.

Last edited: