i want to get high, sooo high. lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
'01 Ram
Engine
no really, i do. lifted high that is. lol i already have a RC 5" lift on my truck and was looking for at least 3" more. i know i can add a 3" bl to my truck but i was actually looking to add 3" of suspension. what do you folks recommend? i also have stacked blocks out back which i'm very much against so give me some pointers. this stuff is very addicting. lol

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
All truck stuff is addicting. 1st you're in the market for a new radio and boom your truck gets modded like no other

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
I've looked into it. I think a body lift is the way to go. when you start adding spacers on the coils, the suspension geometry changes. unless you have adjustable control arms, the axle will move back in the wheel wells. the effect on CA travel will make the ride more harsh.

I have stacked blocks also. a lift adda leaf plus a block is cheaper, and prob safer, than one big block. plus I think I actually have an issue with the leafs now - torque wrap. so adding a leaf is a good idea for that. of a complete lifted leaf pack. which is $300+

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
go big or go home
this has no body lift
DSC00474.jpg

I have looked into the body lift too, but then my tires would be really small

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Body lift...even though reccomended with a suspension lift is the way most people do it.

To do an 8 inch or over lift and make it work safely needs a bit more work. SUL7's truck above is a good example. It's got a lot of fab work.

A properly done 8 inch suspension lft will need longer control arms, front springs, new rear spring packs and/or shackle flip, maybe a t-case clock, Your 1500 axles will hate the larger tires you run, especially if you off road, and you will need a better track bar and steering setup. Oh, and much lower gears.

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
Looking for at least 3 more inchs for you truck or you lol

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Just scrap the lift you have now and get a bigger one . Pics of your truck as it sits now ?

OP
OP
V
Reaction score
Ram Year
'01 Ram
Engine
All truck stuff is addicting. 1st you're in the market for a new radio and boom your truck gets modded like no other

very true. does it ever stop? lol

I've looked into it. I think a body lift is the way to go. when you start adding spacers on the coils, the suspension geometry changes. unless you have adjustable control arms, the axle will move back in the wheel wells. the effect on CA travel will make the ride more harsh.

I have stacked blocks also. a lift adda leaf plus a block is cheaper, and prob safer, than one big block. plus I think I actually have an issue with the leafs now - torque wrap. so adding a leaf is a good idea for that. of a complete lifted leaf pack. which is $300+

a body lift it is then, thanks. i kind of figured that this was what you guys would recommend.

go big or go home
this has no body lift
DSC00474.jpg

I have looked into the body lift too, but then my tires would be really small

i was thinking about possibly going with the 8" suspension lift that TGC offers for our trucks but i just can't see myself spending all that money including install for the kit. at least not at this moment. but wermbang, you can still go higher and this would sort of force you into going bigger on your tires when they wear out.

Body lift...even though reccomended with a suspension lift is the way most people do it.

To do an 8 inch or over lift and make it work safely needs a bit more work. SUL7's truck above is a good example. It's got a lot of fab work.

A properly done 8 inch suspension lft will need longer control arms, front springs, new rear spring packs and/or shackle flip, maybe a t-case clock, Your 1500 axles will hate the larger tires you run, especially if you off road, and you will need a better track bar and steering setup. Oh, and much lower gears.

thanks for the input. this is what i needed to be told.

Looking for at least 3 more inchs for you truck or you lol

3" for my truck. you're silly, but i wouldn't mind having 3" elsewhere.:naughty: i'm talking about height just in case. just imagine being 8'11" tall.

Just scrap the lift you have now and get a bigger one . Pics of your truck as it sits now ?

does anybody make a 8" suspension lift for a not so expensive price? here is a picture of my truck as it stands. i want to go 8" so that i can rock some 38" tires.

If you decide to do that and everything is in good condition let me know if you'd like to sell it!!!!!

i'll let you know if i decide to sell it. so you know, i take care of all of my things.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
If I go any higher I don't think I will fit in my parking garage at work. Now if the right deal came around, then I might consider it.

Also that blue truck is 14" all suspension