I will never buy another mopar product in ny life !!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
So the first part of this story begins back in September my way to work. On clear day back in September I was driving to work ( normal flow of traffic) when my 2015 Ram 1500 5.7 with 66600 miles (roughly) failed. Long story short the first dealership I took it to wanted to charge me an absurd amount of money for warranty work. I have another Thread on that situation if you feel so inclined to read it. late September early October I take the vehicle to another dealership do you have the warranty work performed. on November 20th, 2017, I took possession of the vehicle after having engine components replaced. While picking up my vehicle I discover that the vehicle has been ready for over a week, but no one made any attempt to contact me. On December 3rd, 2017, 13 days later, with roughly 500 miles the motor fails again. The engine shut off while I was exiting the interstate I attempted to restart and I got a horrible knock. that night I have the vehicle towed back to the dealership and was told the vehicle would be looked at Friday which was unacceptable. I ask the dealership for a courtesy vehicle, but I am told that is three weeks out. I contact the service manager and explain the situation. He tells me that he will expedite it. I contact FCA and explain the situation to them as well and they again tell me they will have it expedited. my case manager at FCA explain to me that the vehicle be looked at Wednesday or Thursday this week. today December 7th, 2017, I contacted the dealership asking you my vehicle had been looked at and I was told no that my appointment wasnt until Friday. (are you kidding me) so I asked to speak with the service manager. And this Joker has the audacity to lie to me!!!! He says "oh yeah the vehicle was brought in earlier today". Well how can this be when your service advisor has told me that the my appointment wasnt until Friday? I explain to the service manager that FCA advised me that my vehicle would be looked at Wednesday or Thursday. Then once more this Joker has the audacity to tell me that FCA doesn't run his shop and I can take it else. ( again are you kidding me!!! Really)? I am so fed up with this whole thing!!! I will have more information to this situation when it becomes available.

I have learned over the years to never say never.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
As bad as I make it out to be, its not THAT bad. The truck doesnt get out of control or anything.

We do have lemon law in CT but Im not sure how tough it is to claim. Pretty sure it involves a safety issue and letting a dealer try to fix it 3 times. Annoying vibration isnt a safety issue, not sure it would qualify.
Ppl

It could be if they can't determine what is causing the vibration.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
chrisbh17 said:
As bad as I make it out to be, its not THAT bad. The truck doesnt get out of control or anything.

We do have lemon law in CT but Im not sure how tough it is to claim. Pretty sure it involves a safety issue and letting a dealer try to fix it 3 times. Annoying vibration isnt a safety issue, not sure it would qualify.
Ppl

It could be if they can't determine what is causing the vibration.

*Who's to determine if it's a "Safety" issue or not? Seems to me that if a vibration is irritating enough it can cause driver fatigue, and THAT is a safety concern.

Makes you continuously distracted, may potentially start to irritate your body in weird ways.

Know what I'm saying here, it's not like it's a free massage or something and even then a massage is RELAXING which is NOT what you want. Driver's being lulled into relaxing aren't ALERT drivers.

Push from that angle, preferably in a legal-ese written letter and then see if they budge.

Not seeing it? Think of it like this, THERE'S A REASON that "NVH" is such a buzzword in the auto industry right now. Escalate it into an uncomfortable and unsafe NoiseVibrationHarshness complaint and go from there.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I think as long as it's been at the dealership for so many days and so many times, I think it may qualify. You might want to look into it.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think as long as it's been at the dealership for so many days and so many times, I think it may qualify. You might want to look into it.

Maybe thats why they wont actually look at it, then it would count towards "X" amount of time actually at the dealership!

Tomorrow is the big day, let's see what dealer #2 has to say.

Oddly enough, if I tap on my running boards, I can feel the same vibration....probably because the running boards are mounted to the rockers. Would be interesting to see if it goes away with the running boards off, but Im pretty sure it was there BEFORE they were put on too.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe thats why they wont actually look at it, then it would count towards "X" amount of time actually at the dealership!

Tomorrow is the big day, let's see what dealer #2 has to say.

Oddly enough, if I tap on my running boards, I can feel the same vibration....probably because the running boards are mounted to the rockers. Would be interesting to see if it goes away with the running boards off, but Im pretty sure it was there BEFORE they were put on too.
That sucks bro!
Good luck and let us know how you make out!