I'd love to level my truck with bilstein's but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATRepair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd love to level my truck with bilstein's but...

My local dealer won't honor the factory warranty unless I purchase their kit and have them install. I want to stay on good terms with the one here in case of immediate warranty concerns.
They said they use the Daystar leveling kit and it would be 372.50 total for the kit installed with realignment. They weren't able clarify if it would be the spring preload spacer or the strut mount spacer. Does that seem like a decent price for a dealer? I've pretty well decided against these guys.

On the other hand, I called the dealer where I purchased my Ram (90 miles away) and they said that none of the leveling kits void any warranty. They said I can use the spacers or strut style and even put it on myself without voiding any factory warranty. They said only lift kits would void the warranty if not done by them.

I guess if I ever have the local dealer turn down any warranty work then I will take it to the other dealer. It would stink to drive an hour and half, wait for service, then drive an hour and half back ( $40 in fuel too).

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You dealerships are full of it. Unfortunately, it would be a lot of work to get through the BS. The only way they can void and PART of the warranty is if they can prove the modification caused the failure.

IE, if your front CV shaft goes it, they could indeed point towards the leveling kit as a cause and no warranty it.

There is case law that provides this protection to consumers. Dealerships always threaten with "we won't provide the warranty" even though they have to.

My guess, you could level it, and they wouldn't even know.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
That dealer is full of crap x2. They will take your truck trust me, if you have a big ticket item warranty issue no dealer would pass that up because of a level, lol. If you go bilstein's get the adjustable, their 5000 are real stiff, you feel every man hole.

My level was dirt cheap at les shwab, I think like 120 bucks.

Last edited:

ckberry13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dealership also offers a 2" lift that consists of, you guessed it, Bilstein 5100 along with a replacement 2" longer rear progressive rate coil. The kit from Mopar is around $950. So I don't see how Bilsteins would affect your warranty.

OP
OP
ATRepair

ATRepair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The local dealer told me the 2.5" daystar was my only option and nothing else available for my 2013 1500 quad.
I don't trust them. I'm going elsewhere.

ckberry13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
•2-inch lift kit with Bilstein shocks (MSRP: $921, Part Number: P5155797)
this is a Mopar lift! It consists of the Bilstein 5100's and new dual Rate coil springs provide rear lift, so they are definately feeding you b.s.

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The dealer is full of **** as mentioned above.

OP
OP
ATRepair

ATRepair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2.5" level is done. I did it myself and had Commercial realign it. Thanks for the opinions. I'll have to get it washed and take some pictures after the storm passes.

gmzvip23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2k12
Engine
2.5" level is done. I did it myself and had Commercial realign it. Thanks for the opinions. I'll have to get it washed and take some pictures after the storm passes.

So did you get the bilstiens? hope to see pics soon.

OP
OP
ATRepair

ATRepair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found a screaming deal on some HBS new in package for $44.50 delivered and installed myself. Commercial did an alignment for me for $44.50 making the total $89 plus a couple hours on my day off.
I don't do much off-road and when I do it's just ***** stuff. When the stock struts have any trouble (or I get more aggressive off-road) I'll replace them with Bilstein.
I'll get pics soon.