Ignition switch to blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pocolocobob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Somebody help! It's friggin hot outside and my AC doesn't blow.
The cooling function of my AC works fine, the fan just doesn't work. My blower motor operated intermittently at first but now stopped altogether. There was no power in the wire from the ignition switch to the blower while the ignition was in the "on" position. So I replaced the ignition switch, no change. I also checked the control knob on the dash, the circuit board there had some corrosion and slightly brown spots so I replaced that too. I have no indication that the motor or the resistor block are bad because the motor works fine when the power line is charged. Also, the fuse is fine. Nothing else electrical in the vehicle is malfunctioning. At this point, the blower does not operate at all.

OP
OP
P

Pocolocobob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I would but there is no power in the wire to the resistor itself

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If you have a service manual, you should take a look at it in the Wiring section and look for the Air Conditioning section in that. It starts on page 8W-42-1. It shows a simplified wiring diagram of the A/C controls and how they run so it might help you with troubleshooting.