Illicit bracket updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those running these and the Inez brackets how are they working out for you? please include detail!:happy107:

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So my truck has ride tech kit. However, on my auto setting it sits identical to my buddies truck with a 2/4. It fixed axle centre, but not pinion

FluidConcepts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Illicit brackets and I cant say enough good about them. Prob the best auto upgrade purchase I've made in a very long time.

shthpns22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those of you that have the illicit no cut brackets, did you have to remove the rear springs and disassemble the rear as the instructions stated?

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Definitely interested in this and how difficult was the install. I have half the parts to lower my rig even have spohn adjustable arms already. Trying to figure out if it's time to sink my money and time into finally doing this. Thanks for any info

Trapinator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For those of you that have the illicit no cut brackets, did you have to remove the rear springs and disassemble the rear as the instructions stated?
I removed springs but did not remove rear end. You will just need to drill a few holes then crank everything down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gonzo1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone out there do the cut brackets??? I am gearing up to do this and would like to see some pics/vids to assist me.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Anyone out there do the cut brackets??? I am gearing up to do this and would like to see some pics/vids to assist me.

I do,but I didn't make a video.Pick a facebook page you like and i'll post a couple pics for you.To much like work to post them here. I'd drop the diff out on the ground,and lift the truck off it as high as you can,it'll make the job easier.You'll probably want to use a torch or plasma cutter to cut off the old upper mount and part of the bumpstop pad. I'd allow at least a 1/2 dozen hours for the job. The brackets work great,i used to have bad wheel hop and a buddy of mines truck was scary for wanting to swap lanes when it was above a 100mph,neither truck exhibits any bad traits now.
Rick

J3FF3RSON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Prior to the install:

- Rear end was very hoppy around turns, under acceleration, over bumps
- Drivetrain Vibration starting around 50mph, getting very grumpy around 75mph, continuing into 85mph, and smoothing out around 90mph
- Dreadful wheel hop from a dead stop
- Creaks, Cranks, and clunks under normal driving - well pronounced at lower speeds, and going over speed bumps.
- Wheels were closer to the front of the wheel well.

After Install:
- Rear end feels very firm in comparison to non-brackets. Did not experience the hoppy feeling like before.
- Drivetrain not nearly as noisy, nor can I feel it acting up around 75mph like I did before. The Vibration is still there, but very faint, if not similar to stock.
- I didn't sit on the throttle on my first run, but I didn't notice any wheel hopping at all when starting from a dead stop
- Truck is quiet again over speed bumps
- Wheels seem to be sitting just a hair to the rear of the wheel well, but nothing major.

With all this said - YES the relocation brackets are worth it, because it keeps your rear end on the ground AND keeps the driveshaft happy ... for awhile.

Just because I've had a DS fail previously, that will be the next part I replace.

Trapinator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agreed to the fullest. Did the same to mine expect both my wheels are pretty centered up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DireRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sadly I did all mine at the same time so I have no judge to lowering without the no cut brackets. However I have never had any of the issues mentioned with lowering. I have 4k miles since installing the no cut brackets and have had the truck to 120mph with no wobble or vibration short of the crappy Texas highways. As far as install me and a couple of buddy's did it in the driveway in a day. Make sure to have a step bit and a short drill for the holes and everything goes pretty nicely. Getting torque on all the bolts was my biggest issue doing it on jack stands and had to rent a lift bay for an hour but was well worth it.

rtorres51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed those Inez brackets, truck handles great. I haven't installed the front arms yet, been working a lot. You will need a very good grinder or saw zall to remove rear brackets. That was my mistake, didn't have the right tool.

OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed those Inez brackets, truck handles great. I haven't installed the front arms yet, been working a lot. You will need a very good grinder or saw zall to remove rear brackets. That was my mistake, didn't have the right tool.

Does Inez make no cut brackets?

OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sadly I did all mine at the same time so I have no judge to lowering without the no cut brackets. However I have never had any of the issues mentioned with lowering. I have 4k miles since installing the no cut brackets and have had the truck to 120mph with no wobble or vibration short of the crappy Texas highways. As far as install me and a couple of buddy's did it in the driveway in a day. Make sure to have a step bit and a short drill for the holes and everything goes pretty nicely. Getting torque on all the bolts was my biggest issue doing it on jack stands and had to rent a lift bay for an hour but was well worth it.

How are the brackets holding up brother, any issues?

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does Inez make no cut brackets?

with the Inez setup you have to cut the upper control arm support. This is done to give the clearance between the axle and the bed. If you lower your truck 5" or more the bracket would need to be cut off due to the it bottoming out.

OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
with the Inez setup you have to cut the upper control arm support. This is done to give the clearance between the axle and the bed. If you lower your truck 5" or more the bracket would need to be cut off due to the it bottoming out.

thanks man, much appreciated!