I'm gonna get something.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I'm browsing crutchfields' and I'm wondering what is a good speaker for the rear doors. I thought they were 5 1/4. speakers stock. (I haven't peeled off the skins yet) ,Too much frigging rain, But crutchfields says there's won't fit and the 61/2's and 63/4's will with alterations. wtf?? I wanna plug and play when I can. Even if it means taking lessor hit on speakers. (I'm keeping the stock headunit). I picked these for the fronts,Rockford Fosgate Punch P1692 6"x9" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com
but I have no clue for the rears.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I can't remember the years, but at one point the rear doors were 6-1/2's and then they were 5-1/4's I know you can make either size fit, even if you have to make an adapter out of plywood.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
My rears are 6 1/2s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I believe plug and play. Didn't buy an adapter. And that's what I was told I needed for the rears when I bought them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Well for now I'm keeping this on the cheap 70.00 bucks went too crutchfields. (front speakers.boston accoustics and 2 sets of wiring harnesses to boot. I'll get the speakers at a swap meet or wallyworld. They are asking too much for the ones I wanted. Besides with basically getting nothing but bass out of my system it would not make any sense to blow the extra coin. At this point. I'll update in a few weeks By then I should have all my ducks in a row. I love modding, gf is ready to put a gun to my head, lol.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
51/4 bolts right in , so I am told. you tell me?

Well from personal experience, I mounted my 5.25 last night and you need to either buy or fab up some mounts. There are only 3 holes in the factory speakers.
As seen in the photo below the new kickers have 4 mounting holes. Make the mounts and save $$$ if you can.

IMG_1001.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Rocket....when you say adapter and plug and play are you talking the plug for the speaker wires or how the speaker physically fits?

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
physically fits, I have the harnesses on order. I can make em fit. Self tapping screws are my friend.
I just want a good fit with no vibration later. I've had good luck with self tappers.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
ahh your good then. the only thing you have to watch out for is the depth of the speaker......if its too deep your window will hit it. then you will have to fab up a spacer. I know on the 02-05's you could take the stock speaker bracket and turn it around and that gave you enough clearance, but not sure if its the same on the -6-08's

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
ahh your good then. the only thing you have to watch out for is the depth of the speaker......if its too deep your window will hit it. then you will have to fab up a spacer. I know on the 02-05's you could take the stock speaker bracket and turn it around and that gave you enough clearance, but not sure if its the same on the -6-08's

So put the window down when installing, or measure stock speaker, that will remedy that. I'll be all over this near the end of the month. I rarely try and do 2 mods at once. But the e-cutout damage and replacement is really starting to get to me. I gotta move on. lol.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
nothing wrong with having a modding plan...LOL A back-up is always good for those modding mishaps like the e-coutout

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would never buy from crutch field you can get the same speakers cheaper at best buy crutch field is a rip off bought stuff from them before they way over charge.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Are u using the factory head unit if so using the wiring harness is fine but if you have an aftermarket head unit you'll want to run better speaker wire as the factory stuff is small and cheap and most speaker wired have plugs for the speakers on the wire.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I would never buy from crutch field you can get the same speakers cheaper at best buy crutch field is a rip off bought stuff from them before they way over charge.
I saw the prices, and right before I pulled the trigger i thought about prices I saw and exactly what I want to do. It would be a waste of $ Had I went all out.
Are u using the factory head unit if so using the wiring harness is fine but if you have an aftermarket head unit you'll want to run better speaker wire as the factory stuff is small and cheap and most speaker wired have plugs for the speakers on the wire.

Yeah I got the boston accoustic 3.5's for 50.00$ plus two sets of harnesses. I can use that Still dunno about the third speaker, Gonna try and find a stray somewhere I guess. But the replacements are for the oem unit which amplifies basically just the bass notes so getting anything more than a 2 way is a collosal waste of mod money.

Good news E-cut out came in , but it's too wet outside, we just got done with 5 inches of rain! any one seen Noah??:roflsquared:

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Took apart the right side doors........I hate used vehicles. The rear speaker had two screws not three, and the front had three different screws in all 4 corners, I'm like wtf. No one will see it, but I'm getting s/s screws all the way around when I replace the speakers. Oh btw, someone spliced the rears for added speakers. Pretty lame. I found the wiring while hiding my e-cutout wiring.I just cant win. Assuming the left is in the same condition, All the speakers are the stock infinity. 4 ohms watts not printed.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Here's a supply update; Crutchfield had a good response here. I know they can be overpriced. But they do give you (litterly) everthing you need . per order.

crutchfield.jpg

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here's a supply update; Crutchfield had a good response here. I know they can be overpriced. But they do give you (litterly) everthing you need . per order.

crutchfield.jpg

I wouldn't use those connectors, cut, splice, solder. A wire diagram for your truck will give you the right wires to choose.