I'm in love with my...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omicron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
... heated steering wheel. Never had one before, now I don't think I could live without it. This truck has so many awesome features, but the heated wheel is the one I adore.

JMHO. YMMV. :D

scottyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
... heated steering wheel. Never had one before, now I don't think I could live without it. This truck has so many awesome features, but the heated wheel is the one I adore.

JMHO. YMMV. :D

I couldn't agree more, one of my favorite things on my truck.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I love mine and it was actually pretty cold this winter in Louisiana, so I got to use it a lot. Hell it was 36 for low on Wednesday. lol

scottyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love mine and it was actually pretty cold this winter in Louisiana, so I got to use it a lot. Hell it was 36 for low on Wednesday. lol

I bet it hasn't dipped that low in recent memory in the southern states. Everywhere seemed to get pounded on this winter season. I can't wait for summer!

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I wonder what that's like compared to the heated seats. I hated them.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have that option on my truck but I bet it would feel great in the winter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O

Omicron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder what that's like compared to the heated seats. I hated them.
Not nearly as overwhelming as heated seats can feel. Just makes your hands nice and warm. Never before have I wanted to have 2 hands on the steering wheel in normal (not crappy road or heavy traffic) driving until now.

Flex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man the steering wheel and heated leather are definitely things I miss about my Avalanche!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Not nearly as overwhelming as heated seats can feel. Just makes your hands nice and warm. Never before have I wanted to have 2 hands on the steering wheel in normal (not crappy road or heavy traffic) driving until now.

I could have used that driving to the airport in -10 weather last winter. So it this a special steering wheel or a doable mod for us cold-wheelers?

Dante221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.9
Big Surprise...

I couldn't agree more, one of my favorite things on my truck.

The first time I used the remote start I got into the Ram and BOY
did that steering wheel feel good!!!;) It was a pleasant surprise because I
had not programed it.
I am now completely spoiled!

Dante

OP
OP
O

Omicron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I could have used that driving to the airport in -10 weather last winter. So it this a special steering wheel or a doable mod for us cold-wheelers?
Yup a special steering wheel, but I'm not sure if it'd be an easy mod. I'm sure the heating element is integral to the wheel in models that have it, and then there's a dash switch, relays, and interface to the HVAC controls. As Dante221 mentions, if you have remote start and use it, the truck checks outside temp and if it's below 40 degrees, turns on the heated wheel and seats, so there's a more advanced connection with the vehicle here too. I'll bet it could be installed with just a dash switch though too.

RamFishTruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
On Order 2014 Ram Bighorn 1500
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L V-6
The heated steering wheel is going to be sooooo nice! I'm thinking of those cold days and nights out on the water and then hopping into a cold truck and ice cold steering wheel....no more

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
bluetooth and hands free.. Not just from this truck but my last car. literally I went truck shopping and they asked me what do you want and the first thing I said was bluetooth lol. You would be suprised that its only available on the higher end F150's and Chevys.. One of the reasons I got this truck.. then again I am spoiled with my "fully loaded" Ramcharger package Express.. I love my Uconnect 5.0. But if I had to say "im in love with.." it would be I'm in love with my RAM!

OP
OP
O

Omicron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
bluetooth and hands free.. Not just from this truck but my last car. literally I went truck shopping and they asked me what do you want and the first thing I said was bluetooth lol. You would be suprised that its only available on the higher end F150's and Chevys.. One of the reasons I got this truck.. then again I am spoiled with my "fully loaded" Ramcharger package Express.. I love my Uconnect 5.0. But if I had to say "im in love with.." it would be I'm in love with my RAM!
Well put, sir. :)

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have to agree.
I didn't really want that option, but the truck I bought was on the lot and had it already.

Now I couldn't imagine a winter without it.

Only possible problem I see, is that it seems to get very warm (when it's off) on hot days. Hopefully it doesn't retain too much heat in the summer months.

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Living in Florida, I wish they had a cooled steering wheel!

OP
OP
O

Omicron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now that'd be a COOL idea. Just as someone came up with cooled seats a few years ago, I'm sure they'll come up with a cooled steering wheel some day. :)