Im losing power there somewhere......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OleBeaterNoMore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New to the forum, an eager to learn. The vehicle in question is a 2008 ram 5.7 hemi 4x4 big Horn edition. So the weird thing is that when I bought the truck, I thought it was plenty powerful. Then out of nowhere after getting to know the truck I noticed things are sometimes different. And what I mean by that is more powerful. My first ram , so I thought that the loud intake (engine noise) was normal. Until the first time it did not do it. What it did was amazing. It showed so much power, I though I was in a racecar . I had masterflows installed upon purchase, and on that day they came alive. And more and more often ever since. Here is what I mean. I know these puppies are equipped with our favorites MSD's. When I stepped on the gas that faithful day, my exhaust sounded deep and throaty. My tires spun and when I took off I felt POWER. No extra loud engine intake noise, just pure power. Gas pedal to engine to tranny to tires. Pure joy. No hesitation while driving and applying pressure on the gas pedal. Usually it takes a little bit of encouragement and pressure and feel somewhat of a power when she downshifts. Not this time. Just raw power right away. No matter how fast I was driving. No loud intake or engine noise either. Just awesome rumble coming from the pipe and pure power. Now I would like to get used to this. She still sometimes does it, sometimes won't. Any ideas would be appreciated. Is it normal for these 5.7 Hemi engines to be so loud in the engine bay? Also why does it come and go on it's own schedule? Again thanks for any help.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
If its getting more power be happy?The truck is breathing better.