I'm so sick of the uconnect issues!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
8.4an on a 15 ram . $1000 for a non functioning p.o.s! Before the latest update, it worked better but still not as it should. Voice rec. Always sucked. Now there are all kinds of glitches. I have an HTC one m8 And all of a sudden it doesn't work. It's not even showing as paired. It just disappeared. Sometimes I can't add favorite songs. Voice still sucks . It will pick up some names for texts, others it will not no matter what I try ! on nav it has trouble with addresses with voice and yes I speak clearly into the mic. I had a case and they called me from uconnect and told me they only have so many android versions covered!!!!!! Wtf! I knew I shouldn't have bought it. For a grand I don't expect to have to wait forever for a fix . I'm not the only one with these issues. Only reason I wanted is cause of the nice neat look and all the truck settings like your climate and all that.......thanks for letting me vent

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do iPhone users have these issues? Do Nexus users have the issues as well? Curious to who chimes in with these issues. I have no issues with my iPhone. I find this to be extremely common across pretty much anything phones integrate into. There is no standard for Android, yes "Android" is similar across the phones but then the manufactures layer on their own software which bogs everything down and messes everything up.

Crashno1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an HTC One M8 with no issues, but my truck is a 2014.

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Idk about iPhone users but saying they're not caught up on all the android versions is the sorriest excuse I've ever heard. I just got my phone paired up again cause it didn't have the add device button highlighted. !@#$

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Samsung Edge here, no issues. And I can respond to text messages from the radio too. Could never do that with ios.

GoatLocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have no issues with my iPhone.

While the Iphone may "work" without issue, the integration is horrible. I had a cheap $150 pioneer deck in my old truck that had direct access to the phone and siri. Anything I could do by pressing and holding the iphone home button could be done by pushing the volume button on the deck. Music, navigation, texts, phone calls, reminders, calendars, e-mail, etc. With uconnect, I can't even reply to a text, let alone access siri without digging my phone out of my pocket.

FCA isn't the only one dropping the ball. I bought my daughter a Ford Focus with MyFord Touch/Sync (similar to Uconnect) and it is only slightly better.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While the Iphone may "work" without issue, the integration is horrible. I had a cheap $150 pioneer deck in my old truck that had direct access to the phone and siri. Anything I could do by pressing and holding the iphone home button could be done by pushing the volume button on the deck. Music, navigation, texts, phone calls, reminders, calendars, e-mail, etc. With uconnect, I can't even reply to a text, let alone access siri without digging my phone out of my pocket.

FCA isn't the only one dropping the ball. I bought my daughter a Ford Focus with MyFord Touch/Sync (similar to Uconnect) and it is only slightly better.

They need to release CarPlay for these units.. that would be best for us iOs users. I heard Ford is finally starting to put it in the 2016 cars.

GoatLocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
They need to release CarPlay for these units.. that would be best for us iOs users. I heard Ford is finally starting to put it in the 2016 cars.

Uconnect is also supposed to get carplay. Too late for our older radios.

I'm probably going to get a Home Button so I can at least use my phone without digging it out of my pocket or going through the uconnect's horrible Voice Command.

It would be nice if we could purchase Carplay as an upgrade to our RA3/RA4 radios.

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've tried using mine maybe twice. I just act like it's not even there. My wife has had multiple fords with the sync and it was much better. She has a jeep now, but I don't know if she uses it. Likely not though. I'd never buy a vehicle based on the type of radio though. Seems silly

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had an IPhone 4 had no problems, switched to a Iphone 6s and same thing NO problems

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Revert to an older version.

-JT

I didn't think u could do that. Where can I get the one before this last version. The one I have now I think is the latest( when they hacked into the uconnect system)

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
I didn't think u could do that. Where can I get the one before this last version. The one I have now I think is the latest( when they hacked into the uconnect system)
Pretty sure you can revert. I think the 14.x.x is linked here somewhere.

-JT

Kjz3Ro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got a Iphone 6 and it only works 3 out of 10 times when I plug it in.. Last night it wouldn't respond to anything, plugged in or Bluetooth either one.. Plugged it on this morning and it works fine.. WTH

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I thought u were joking about the name marshmallow at first. So i did a search, then thought maybe hes not joking . These names are out of control! I know I had kitkat installed originally on my phone and liked it. Phone was working fine. Stupid upgrade kept popping up so I let the software change to lollipop. Now, the phone doesnt work as well! U see many complaints about the lollipop version too on android forums. My phone is now much slower and just installed it. Maybe the marshmallow version willl be much better. All these companies just keep releasing new versions without thoroughly testing and we have to suffer. Thats what happened with the latest uconnect cause they had to worry about the hacking issue. One version might work better on a different phone. Idk , I might root my phone so i can just keep kitkat on there. That version was flawless on my phone

Didn't Marshmellow just come out?

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Samsung Edge here, no issues. And I can respond to text messages from the radio too. Could never do that with ios.

I have the 6 Edge also, great phone although I rarely use it in my truck, it works with no issues when I do. My friend is an Apple lemming, like the majority of the iSheep, she would buy a brick if it had a Apple logo on it but she is constantly having problems with her Apple laptop connecting on the internet at the university and her iPhone 6 constantly cuts out in her car but I am not convinced it is simply a phone issue, could be the radios themselves or a combination of both.