I'm so sick of the uconnect issues!!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by cc rider, Oct 23, 2015.

1. roadshow

roadshow Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I have an easy and inexpensive solution for troublesome infotainment systems. A $20 phone mount. Phone is now the infotainment system, no requirement for a middleman. :)

2. GoatLocker

GoatLocker Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins 6.7
    Well, looks like 2016 Uconnect will only get Siri Eyes Free.

So, Ford is offering a FREE update for my daughters 2012 radio to support Siri Eyes Free. Meanwhile, FCA seems to be saying that we won't be getting any new features.

3. henryhemi

henryhemi Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    2014 ram with uconnect. Bluetooth was working beautifully with my old Samsung s3. I bought a new note 5 and now Bluetooth skips and glitches every time. It's useless. I'm stuck using an audio input cable and that sux bc it makes a terrible fuzzy noise in the background of my music... fml

4. Casper

Casper Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L
    I'm not one to gloat, but boy am I glad I have the old 430N. Synchs fine with the iphone and doesn't bother with any of that other bull squat y'all are complaining about.

Keep It Simple Stupid

5. Timeless

Timeless Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Only issue I've had with my iPhone 6 is a few times the Bluetooth has unpaired itself.

It pairs back up on the next start of the vehicle but until then it stays unpaired no matter what your try.

Other than that works about as well as you can expect with limited functionality which is really Apple's fault not UConnect.

6. Sir John

Sir John Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7

Curious....which dealer in Western NY do you go to??

7. cc rider

cc rider Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    Doan. And I'll never go there again. Fing idiots. They delivered the truck to me dirty. No respect whoever was in it. Had dirt marks on the headliner from dirty hands, spilled pop or something on my center console, they had paired their phone and messed with all my settings, etc. Manager said he would clean it and he was sorry. I said I'm sorry too but it's not a $500 sofa, It's a $50k truck and I won't be coming back again (even for service). I don't care if they deal with new vehicles every day. The truck was a new build too, not one on the lot. Took all the excitement of the new car feeling away!

8. GP4L

GP4L Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Iphone 6 personal and GS6 for work. The S6 works 5/10 (it fails to connect half the time). Iphone 9/10 no issues. The issues I have every now and then will happen with voice call, or using pandora when I shut the truck off (like at a gas station), don't disconnect my call or kill the pandora app, and then start the truck back up - bluetooth with connect for a minute or so, and then disconnect. Doesn't return to normal function until I cycle the bluetooth on my phone on/off. But again, most of the time everything works fine with the iphone.

9. mikegmi2

mikegmi2 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Anyone had their 8.4 just reset in the middle of driving? I have about 1200 miles on my 2016 1500 Crew and it happened for the first time this morning. Entire radio stopped working, screen went black for a second, then automatically turned back on and continued working as normal.

10. ramcares

ramcares Senior Member

Ram Year:
    n/a
    Engine:
    n/a