I'm so sick of the uconnect issues!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The market will eventually dictate which products are successful and which aren't. Nobody is not buying a Ford or Dodge because of Sync or uConnect. Other, more important features loom larger. Nowhere did it say, and I guarantee if you look at the legalese, that your particular phone will work with these features.

You said it yourself, "if you knew..." Your problem, you didn't research and assumed it was a perfect system. If the service doesn't work, cancel it and ask for a refund. THAT is perfectly within your rights and if approached reasonably, even likely.

Use the money you saved on the subscription to buy a cell enabled remote start and your phone for the GPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
CC I could not agree more with you. As consumers we expect to get what we pay for, not 90%, and I dare say not percent is a very generous estimate. Manufactures promote and hype this stuff up, even when they know it doesn't function as advertised. Our Canuck friends got screwed even worse, they were promised uconncect and found out Canadian version trucks cant use uconnect at all. They are not missing much though!

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
The market will eventually dictate which products are successful...
Use the money you saved on the subscription to buy a cell enabled remote start and your phone for the GPS.

I have the Viper smart start in my Car and it works perfectly. The car did not have a remote start from the factory and integration was seamless. The system starts my car from anywhere and sends status data back to my phone. (Maybe Fiat should be talking to them)

I wanted to add this to my truck and was told however that it is not available or compatible with my truck. My truck has the OEM remote starter and I really would prefer to not replace that as well. Do you know of any reasonably priced systems that are compatible with our trucks and will integrate with the OEM remote starter?

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
We have Canuck friends?!?? ;)

All I'm saying is that it's an uphill battle and likely not ever won. The business model is what it is and unfortunately, it's the standard. Nothing you and I do individually will change it; as individuals, all we can do is exist within it and either buy the products or not. Getting angry only gets us angry.

There's been several indirect solutions offered the OP, none satisfactory. I understand the need to rant, but if the rant is truly looking for an "official" solution, he's chosen the wrong forum, and should be speaking to someone directly.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Viper smart start in my Car and it works perfectly. The car did not have a remote start from the factory and integration was seamless. The system starts my car from anywhere and sends status data back to my phone. (Maybe Fiat should be talking to them)

I wanted to add this to my truck and was told however that it is not available or compatible with my truck. My truck has the OEM remote starter and I really would prefer to not replace that as well. Do you know of any reasonably priced systems that are compatible with our trucks and will integrate with the OEM remote starter?

SmartStart will work, and so will Compustar Drone. Neither will integrate with the OEM starter, but pretty much work along side of it. You could choose either to start your truck.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I can personally recommend the computer drone. When I worked in Canada, i used to be able to start my truck when I boarded a 30 minute flight from Calgary. Started again as soon as the plane landed. By the time I got to the parking lot 5 minutes later it was toasty warm. Basically anywhere your phone and truck have a cell signal, you can interact with the start/security system. Nice kit.

wykdtr0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
My UConnect stopped connecting via bluetooth a few weeks ago to any device, and now connecting via cable it just sits there saying "reading media" or "reading ipod". I can't even get the cd player to work. I love everything about the truck except the Ucconnect. It's flat out annoying, and they make it a ***** to hook up aftermarket head units.

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well I had to fiddle with the thing for about 15 minutes to try and repair my phone . And now my xm favorites are not coming up again! Unconnected review. Unconnect sucks! You got that google. It sucks! I hope they lose customers and go out of business. Hopefully people will see this when they do a search and are considering it. Actually if you do a search "unconnected sucks", you'll see it for yourself.

Last edited:

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seems to be a hit and miss kinda thing, I have never had any issues with it...

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah, thats what i dont understand. All i know is im out $1k (8.4an) for this sorry ass system which i would have gladly spent on an aftermarket unit if i knew. Not to mention there are a ton of choices. Just wanted the clean factory look. Its my fault for not doing the research. If i had seen all the posts i have seen there is no way i would have ordered it that way. Oh well....learn from our mistakes i guess

Seems to be a hit and miss kinda thing, I have never had any issues with it...

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
same phone i had just stopped working (staying paired) even though its been working fine up till a week ago (a whole year almost). Anyone want to tell me this is an android issue too?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio