Imogene Pass

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by BlackWidow, Aug 14, 2016.

1. BlackWidow

BlackWidow Member

Ram Year:
    2014 Ram
    Engine:
    Thought I'd share some pic's from a run we did on Imogene Pass a few days ago. It was actually kinda funny and cool that we were the only full size on the trail that day with EVERYTHING else either a Wrangler or a Toyota.

Better yet this was on our 8 year wedding anniversary in the state where it all began..

Enjoy...

[​IMG]

Looking out at Black Bear Pass. We ran that trail in my Jeep 3 years ago. Another beautiful trail, but if you don't have nerves of steel coming down those switch backs will really mess with your head.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn....=80ca4925942406b4af6fdc73797bcb6d&oe=581869B2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. keithert

keithert Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Is that a 2500? Did any of the trail present a challenge? Love the pics.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

3. BlackWidow

BlackWidow Member

Ram Year:
    2014 Ram
    Engine:
    Yeah she's a 2500.

I didn't think it was too bad, but then I had run the trail previously in my Jeep. I'd say it's more psychological than anything since it can get pretty tight in some spots and when you're on a shelf road on the side of a mountain... Well you need to know where your tires are. Then off course with the trail being a two way trail it got a little hairy trying to manuever around oncoming rigs in a few spots.

I've got some video I've got to try editing that covers a majority of the trail, I just need to find time to mess with it.

keithert likes this.
  4. Beauregard7765

Beauregard7765 Banned

Ram Year:
    2011 Ram 1500
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Man, what a beautiful place.. One day soon I'm probably going to go up to Colorado to take photos and offroad a little.

5. Neumie

Neumie Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 8a
    Love those passes

Ridden many of those on dual sport bike. Fantastic scenery, truck looks great!

6. BlackWidow

BlackWidow Member

Ram Year:
    2014 Ram
    Engine:
    That Colorado is. We fell in love with the state back in 2008 when my wife and I got married in Colorado Springs. Since then Colorado has has been one the most visited states (doing something more than driving across is) when we travel on our annual family trips. Depending on what you're into there's always so much to see and do.

Another place to put on your bucket list if you've never been there is Moab, UT. It's a small town nestled in the canyon country of Utah that has gobs and gobs of things do see and do.

7. sandawilliams

sandawilliams Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 hemi
    Did that a few years ago in my 2004 1500. The locals said it wouldn't make it and I better rent a jeep. I thought if this truck couldn't go over that pass I would trade it. The switchbacks were a little hairy as I had to pull up and back around a few times to make it but we made it with no problems and didn't put a scratch in the truck. (got a few screams from the wife and kids.)

8. BeachinIt

BeachinIt Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    HEMI.
    Very, very cool. Thanks for sharing.

9. Pull Ya

Pull Ya Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Beautiful pictures!!!!! Lots of places to go and see in Colorado. Lived there for about 25 years.
    Jay