In-Dash DVD Video Bypass Procedures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOTW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found this on another site and thought it would be useful here. Since this is not Ram generation specific, I really didn't know where to put it...

In-Dash DVD Video Bypass Procedures

JENSEN

-Flip (most models) Tested and works on all Phase Linear:

(on remote)
1)Hit Setup On Remote.

2)Select Language. ---------------------(if it doesnt work try not hitting language)

3)Get Remote And Hit 5,4,3,2,1,0. Listen For Beeps.

4) Touch “Hammer/Screwdriver” Logo. (new logo)

5)Select Brake Override

6)Switch To Brake Override “ON”

7)Now Hit Setup On Remote.

8)And Now Watch Movies.

DUAL

-Flip Screens:
Ground parking brake wire
(on remote)
1) Hit stop then stop again.

2) type 26604 then press Enter

3) this sequence must be done when a dvd is in the drive. Wait for dvd audio then do sequence.

PIONEER

General Pioneer Relay Mod

Use a standard 4 pin relay. Pin #86 and #87 both to ground. #85 remote wire from headunit.
#30 parking brake wire from head unit

-AVIC-4000DVD:

1)Must use switch (on off on) or PAC TR-7, no other bypass available

-AVIC-D3:

1) Remove Mute wire on pre-out harness and move pin directly below to the open slot and wire to ground

2) Ground parking brake wire.

3) Hit {OK} on the pop up message stating Driver viewing of video signal while driving is Illegal.

4) Bypass should be done and working.

-AVIC-N1:

1) ground the brake wire

-AVIC-N2:

1) solder 2 pins underneath the silver warranty sticker on the unit itself

-AVIC-N3:

1) Under silver warranty sticker on underside of unit is a switch

2) CAREFUL this sticker over the switch is a void tansparent sticker so do so only with customer permission.

-AVIC-Z1: (not tested)

1) you have to turn on and off your parking lights (illumination wire must be connected) when the unit first boots up.

-AVIC-D1 and D-2:

1) put a pin into the empty slot next to the ground wire on the pioneer radio harness and ground it.

-AVIC-F Series (700BT & 900BT):

1. On the white harness (the Pioneer Installation Instructions refer to this as the “RCA Connector”), find the mute wire (yellow/black). It is originally in the “1” position. Lift the plastic tab of where it is inserted into, pull the wire out, then place it into the “4” position on the bottom. It should now be in between 2 black wires.

2. On the black harness (the Pioneer Installation Instructions refer to this as the “Power Cord”), find the parking brake wire (light green). Ground the newly placed mute wire (yellow/black) from the “RCA Connector” and the parking brake wire (light green) from the “Power Cord”. Some folks suggest grounding to something other than the main ground. Not sure why, but if that’s doable, you should. Some folks believe grounding onto the main ground of the radio is fine. The following pictures show this setup ground to the main ground. The first picture shows the parking brake wire (light green) and the mute wire (yellow/black) connected to a light green wire. The second picture shows that light green wire running to and spliced onto the main ground.

ALPINE

-IVA-W200:

1) PAC TR-7 Bypass module defeats pulse sequence needed between foot brake and hand (e) brake. PAC instructions are as follows:
Black – chassis ground
Red - +12volts switched power
Green – Alpines remote turn on (+12volt)
Blue – Alpine’s footbrake
White – Alpine’s parking brake
DO NOT CONNECT the parking brake or footbrake wires to the vehicle. Connect directly to the TR – 7. It should come preprogrammed to version 2, so make sure the programming switch is in the off position

KENWOOD

-KVT 617 DVD (flipout):

1)Ground parking brake wire

-KVT 512 DVD (flipout)

-KVT 512 DDX (double din)

JVC

-KDAVX44 (Single Din Touchscreen)

-JVC-KD-AUX2

Ground parking brake wire

-JVC KW-AVX710

Just ground the e-brake wire.

Disclaimer: It is illegal to have any of these installed on a road-use vehicle, by doing these, you fully understand that you are breaking the law, and you can get a ticket. Please use safely. I do not take credit for finding these bypasses, these are all bypasses I didnt pay for there for sharing the info with everyone else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NOTW

NOTW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good idea! This is very helpful!

Mike42488

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Still having trouble with my avic-f90bt...need to pull it apart again and take a look.

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
With most of the systems all you have to do is run that parking brake wire to ground.

If you test your parking brake there is power running thru where your suppose to connect it, not very much maybe .25 amps when the parking brake is off and that keeps the video from playing, when you apply the parking brake, no power comes through that wire (technically it now becomes a ground wire) which tells the head unit that your parking brake is now on and allows the video to play.
So, if you just put that wire to ground, your video will play while driving or parked.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can't run it to the ground on all systems, if you do that on mine, it will outsmart you. I had to use a relay.

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I like running them to a switch just incase you need to switch it real fast, just cut the parking brake wire in half run one end to a switch and the loose end to the ground wire and switch

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like running them to a switch just incase you need to switch it real fast, just cut the parking brake wire in half run one end to a switch and the loose end to the ground wire and switch

That is how I had my reverse cam hooked up, but I hated having to press buttons all the time. Now its automatic.

OP
OP
NOTW

NOTW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The sticky got removed? This is useful information...

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
What options are there for the stock nav systems in the Gen IV to be able to watch movies in the front while driving?