Individual Liberty - 1, Hippies - 0

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by cdavisunlimited, Jan 22, 2017.

1. cdavisunlimited

cdavisunlimited Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    For anyone who lives in Nevada and, you know, likes to be able to easily defend themselves and the lives of their families, were probably pretty sad to see Michael Bloomberg pump $60 Million into our state to get a "Universal Background Check" law in place. The law itself isn't really written to bring any kind of safety to anyone, it's more about trying to stop any kind of flow of guns and in doing so would criminalize an incredible number of innocent people.

Well the law passed a vote by less than 1/2 of 1 percent (which is exactly why I hate democratic processes that use the "Simpleton Majority" vote).

The good news though, is that Bloomberg can shove it, and take his $60 Million dollar loss because the law has already been deemed unenforceable, and every single Sheriff's office in the state has already publicly come out and said they won't put any resources toward it.

Nevada's $20M background check law frozen by attorney general

Skrap likes this.
  2. sandawilliams

sandawilliams Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 hemi
    I still don't understand why Nevada doesn't recognize my Colorado CCP. Most of the western US have the reciprocity with each other. Any idea?

3. Chigurh

Chigurh Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Hoping a repub majority in both houses plus the Trumpster will equal nationwide CC.

cdavisunlimited likes this.
  4. cdavisunlimited

cdavisunlimited Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    That's an tough one. I had the same problem with Nevada not recognizing my CPL from Washington State. I don't actually know why, but the good thing about Nevada is you can open carry basically anywhere, and you can keep your gun anywhere in your car as long as it's not physically touching your body without a permit.

That's the best I can do.