Inexpensive off-road tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marc1155pj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I understand there's a little bit of an additional risk and buying Chinese tires/ inexpensive off-road tires. I live in Florida will never really experience ice or snow with that said there's a ton of rain. I'm kind of leaning towards the atturo XT but definitely want feedback before committing to such a large purchase. I look forward to the feedback.

atrupo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run Nitro Terra Grapplers. They aren't too expensive, but still great quality in my opinion. My advice to you is to look for a buy 3 get 1 or some other deal. That's how I got mine.

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mastercraft xts are great tires and not to bad on price. They are made by Cooper. I have 35k on mine and just below half tread. Ride smooth and no road noise.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Jamesq87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've ran nitto terra grappler a/t and they were decent. I run bfg krawler m/t now and love them. They're pricier than the nitto's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Early on I changed out my SRAs. When I went to my tire dealer, also a good friend, I intended on getting Cooper AT-3s. He suggested I try the Hercules AT-2s. Telling me they are cheaper, made by Cooper, look and perform like the Cooper AT-3s and come with Road Hazard at no extra charge. He said they have installed them on over a hundred vehicles and not one complaint or dissatisfaction.

So I went with the Hercules and have been very satisfied. In light or heavy rain they were excellent. The SRAs would slide out in the rain, not so with these Hercules. I am not an aggressive off-roader but in rough and rocky hard pack or desert sand They performed well.

I would purchase them again.

My only suggestion is if going cheap only buy tires with a known reputable name. The Nittos, for example, are also a good choice.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I understand there's a little bit of an additional risk and buying Chinese tires/ inexpensive off-road tires. I live in Florida will never really experience ice or snow with that said there's a ton of rain. I'm kind of leaning towards the atturo XT but definitely want feedback before committing to such a large purchase. I look forward to the feedback.

From what I have seen about the Atturo XT's is that people complain about being able to get them balanced.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the G2's terra grappler's are amazing in the rain. As another Floridian trust me on the wet weather and these tires. They have not let me down yet. The SRA's suck compare to these. I know its not a cheap option but dang they are good.

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just ordered falken at3w in stock 276 60 20 size from discount tire. Its a very reasonable tire, and today they are doing a $75 rebate on them. My total WITH install etc will be about 675 out the door. Damn good deal IMO.

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I recently bought a set of Cooper discoverer stt pros in 275 65 20 from Wal-Mart for about $1100. Not sure if that's out of your price range of not but they are really good tires for my experience and they look awesome.

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
I have the Kelly edge A/T ......its quiet on the highway wearing well so far.(11000 miles) and they ran about 150 bucks for the 265/70/17 size on my truck . good wet road traction. they don't spin from a stop like my sra's did. they are made by goodyear

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Fallen wild peak at3 are very very good tires and are very decent in price not expensive at all and so far had them on for a year I live in Florida and all my driving in on asphalt and they look the same as when I first put them on. When I have gone in the mud they do really good there as well. All around awesome tire and will be buying again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01