Inez 4/6 review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DARKNHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ahh I’m just gonna go with some QA1s TN513s and call it a day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I called Rancho about the RS999215 (fitment for a 2000 IZUZU Trooper 4WD) shocks they told me it wouldn't work as the mounts don't fit our trucks. Yet the INEZ kit uses the 9/16" mount as well I would assume that the RS999215 has on it. So does the INEZ shocks come with new hardware, or did you re-use the OEM hardware?

Correct... the Inez rear shocks that comes in their kit is modified to fit our truck. They are not plug and play if you buy them on your own. I've replaced the rubber and sleeve to fit.
You can buy any shock brand as long as they have the specs (Compressed Height & Extended Height)

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm ordering a 5/7 drop for my 2012 express, and currently have a belltech 2/4 drop. When I put my current kit on I got rid of my stock springs because I thought I would never use them again... Now I apparently need to use them again and don't have them. Can I use my belltech springs? Also I currently have stock wheels and tires, and can't tell if I'm going to have to go with a shorter tire to clear the fender/ fender liner. Any input is much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a 4/5 McGaughy drop on old truck with stock 33" tires. Rubbed a huge hole in fender liner.

Went with a 4/6 Inez drop on this truck with 31" tires. No running issues at all. Same exact rims.

The Belltech front springs along with the control arms will give you a 6" drop up front. Can always see if someone on here is selling their stock springs.

Also, you can buy just the front control arms, rear brackets, and rear shocks from Inez and save you some money because it comes with Belltech rear springs as well. You just cut them down to the size you want because they send you the exact 4" drop springs you have now.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm ordering a 5/7 drop for my 2012 express, and currently have a belltech 2/4 drop. When I put my current kit on I got rid of my stock springs because I thought I would never use them again... Now I apparently need to use them again and don't have them. Can I use my belltech springs? Also I currently have stock wheels and tires, and can't tell if I'm going to have to go with a shorter tire to clear the fender/ fender liner. Any input is much appreciated!

if your going with the 5/7 drop you would need to cut the factory front springs. Your best bet is to buy a set of 1" front drop springs. That's what I did... got a set of Crown Suspension 1" front springs
352910.jpg
The Crown springs are 1" lower than the factory springs

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Twistedshadows

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe you can order the a arms for different heights so of you wanted to use the belltech springs just get the a arms for a 2 inch drop not a 4. I don't rub the fender liners with my stock 22 (maybe a little on larger bumps) what I do rub is the sway bar at full lock because it sits to high even with the f150 end links. But your mileage might vary

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe you can order the a arms for different heights so of you wanted to use the belltech springs just get the a arms for a 2 inch drop not a 4. I don't rub the fender liners with my stock 22 (maybe a little on larger bumps) what I do rub is the sway bar at full lock because it sits to high even with the f150 end links. But your mileage might vary

The Inez Hotrod arms are all the same for the Ram if you want to do a front drop lower than 4" you have to cut or replace the front spring. The front arms are meant to be used with your stock front springs giving a 4" drop. If you want a 5" drop cutting the stock springs or replace them with a 1" drop spring.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Twistedshadows

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update

So I finally got around to doing the front bump stops. Truck rides a lot better I didn't realise how often I was hitting the factory ones. But now i rub the top of the inner fender liner on large bumps and fast turns.

In the rear i cut the cups out and dropped it All the way down to see where the shocks bottom out. The beilstiens bottom out with 1 inch between the axle and chassis. I ordered a set of one inch bump stops with the to bolt hole tabs because there's no way to use the bump stop that has the stud because the factory bracket is boxed off. I'm gonna put a 1\4 inch plate under the new bump stop so I don't bottom out the beilstiens especially since I cut another coil to get the full 6 inches in the back and there is roughly about 1 1\2 inch of travel back there.

Anyways just really wanted to let people know that you can run the beilstiens shocks in the back and get full travel out of it with a 1-1 1\2 inch bump stop in the rear. And the springs are still long enough not to fall out at full drupe.

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update

So I finally got around to doing the front bump stops. Truck rides a lot better I didn't realise how often I was hitting the factory ones. But now i rub the top of the inner fender liner on large bumps and fast turns.

In the rear i cut the cups out and dropped it All the way down to see where the shocks bottom out. The beilstiens bottom out with 1 inch between the axle and chassis. I ordered a set of one inch bump stops with the to bolt hole tabs because there's no way to use the bump stop that has the stud because the factory bracket is boxed off. I'm gonna put a 1\4 inch plate under the new bump stop so I don't bottom out the beilstiens especially since I cut another coil to get the full 6 inches in the back and there is roughly about 1 1\2 inch of travel back there.

Anyways just really wanted to let people know that you can run the beilstiens shocks in the back and get full travel out of it with a 1-1 1\2 inch bump stop in the rear. And the springs are still long enough not to fall out at full drupe.
Just curious, did you happen to measure the rear shock eyelet to eyelet with the bumpstop out?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm just getting around to doing the rear kit, and im having trouble getting the right most new mount on. It's hitting the knuckle (not sure what else to call it) of the linkage. Has anyone had this problem? Any solution?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha just kidding. Realised I was supposed to put the linkage in the other hole :)

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok after reading all of these posts.

I will be ordering this kit.
Moog F150 links.
New adjustable Spohn Rear Panhard Bar.
Bump stops will be either removed or cut in half.

I will hold off on the rear shock upgrade unless it isn't that good of a drive... then I would get those Q1's..

Thank all of you for this great info...

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered the kit and everything else on my list yesterday... should be on the truck in about 3 weeks.

Eddywardo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just ordered the kit and everything else on my list yesterday... should be on the truck in about 3 weeks.
can you give me the part # or link me to the f150 end links please? thanks in advance !

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I read through alot ot this a few times. So did someone find a qa1 that fit or not? What other shocks are you guys using instead?

ICEBOXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my kit works great ,, the only problem is the upper bushions are very noise all the time sounds like its about 100 years old .
anyone have a fit for that ?

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my kit works great ,, the only problem is the upper bushions are very noise all the time sounds like its about 100 years old .
anyone have a fit for that ?
Have you given them a call yet??? Maybe they can send you another set?