INEZ hot rods UCA install pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohninehemisport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Due to only having a 2" drop upfront and not going lower anytime soon I just purchased the UCA from Inez for alignment purposes. I adjusted them to be 3/8" longer than the stock arms. With the factory arms the lower adjustment bolts were maxed out all the way. This brings the truck to alignment specs with a 2" drop but it's borderline maxed out. With a longer UCA the adjustment bolts on the LCA will have more room for adjustment. I also changed the ball joint. I didn't like the ball joint they came with. I went with MAS RD heavy duty ball joint. Looks to be better quality and I like the red dust boot.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Trapinator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much did they charge for just the uppers..if you don't mind me asking.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like those MAS RD ball joints... are they a direct fit for Ram? part number? reason I ask is also have the Inez control arms
TIA

OP
OP
O

Ohninehemisport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like those MAS RD ball joints... are they a direct fit for Ram? part number? reason I ask is also have the Inez control arms
TIA

The INEZ control arms actually use chevy ball joints for both upper and lowers. Upper is part 6292
The MAS have a nice anti-corrosion coating. And a sealed dust boot.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just a thought here, but wouldn't it make more sense to have the ball joint bolted in from the other side? It would produce less upper control arm angle.

ryan russell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a thought here, but wouldn't it make more sense to have the ball joint bolted in from the other side? It would produce less upper control arm angle.
That would put a lot of stress on the bolts instead.. I'd feel unsafe with it that way

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That would put a lot of stress on the bolts instead.. I'd feel unsafe with it that way

The upper ball joint isn't a load carrying ball joint,it's basically along for the ride and to keep the spindle from falling over. Lower ball joint is another story though,lol

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The INEZ control arms actually use chevy ball joints for both upper and lowers. Upper is part 6292
The MAS have a nice anti-corrosion coating. And a sealed dust boot.

Where did you get the ball joints from? Are they online?

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have a pair on IHC upper control arms I will sell if anyone needs a pair, still new never installed.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm lowered 2" with the belltech springs would adding those help me out. I do want to lower the front 1 more inch for a 3" front drop. Most say just cut the front spring half a coil to lower a bit more. I'm not wanting to buy the Inez 4/6 drop for just going another inch lower.