Infinity Stereo Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwardncsu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In mine, I used the cheaper adapter and am running through the factory amp. Works perfect and sounds great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

what is gained with the more expensive adapter then - or, what is lost with the cheaper one?

The more expensive one showed up yesterday from Crutchfield, and I had them go ahead and do the harness assembly so I guess I'm using the more expensive one now :)

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shouldn't even be the right harness. I believe the other harness is for the 2004 and up, with the canbus.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MarcK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
in your follow-up post you indicated you used the cheaper adapter - are you actually using the amp now, or just bypassing it, driving via the stereo's internal amp? Are all 7 speakers firing now?

I did indeed utilize the $15 wiring harness not the $100+ wiring harness and it is still using the factory amp - all 7 speakers are live!

adamh3844

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
So, just 2004-08 amps need the $100-$150 interface, but the 2002-03 amps just need the $15 adapter then.

I can live with that. :D

Next is to find something that can connect and work with the steering wheel controls. Discovered those on the back of the wheel on Sunday while I was cleaning the interior. Pretty handy, especially if can use for skipping tracks and volume when playing MP3's since I tend to skip a lot.

I have a 2002 ram 1500 with 7-speaker and Amp. So how do the Metra 70-6502 wire into the amplifier in order to keep the 3 dash speakers?
I am going to run Amplifier to door speakers.

OP
OP
THRobinson

THRobinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
No idea... bought it, installed it, works... beyond that I didn't trace wires or anything like that.