Inspection time... what do I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SO I have to have my truck inspected tomorrow in order to get new tags, as mine expire Monday. Seeing as how I have illegal tint, how do I get it passed? I've heard of people removing their windows completely because here in NC, there is nowhere stated that the windows have to be rolled up and down. I've heard of a shop or two that will pass if they're rolled down when you pull up, but that's a gamble.. Should I just remove my front two windows? Lol

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Couldnt ya just roll em all down and then pull the fuse? Haha. Or do something rather than completely removing them?

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which one is the fuse? Since you had an 08, should be the same on my 06

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I would just go in there and let the shop know that your tint is darker than it should be up front. Most shops could care less about something like window tint. If they give you a hard time, then just go to another shop.

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
im just gonna pull my tint off when i go thru inspection i a couple weeks. gives me a reason to put on darker tint.:********:

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Lol. I didn't pull the fuse, had 8% front tiny and they passed it anyways. Just have to find the right shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The shop i go to doesnt care much as long as you have no engine light and you pass the sniiffer test your good to go and im sure theres shops like that every were that will work with you especially if there into modding them selves

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My understanding is that this used to be a bigger problem than it was because the PD would go to the shop that passed the vehicle's inspection.

I don't think it will be a big problem now, tho.

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All depends on what state too. Some are more lenient than others...

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Excuse my language... but **** inspections... went ahead and got my front windows' tint peeled off. Gonna be another 50 for a retint.. Plus, the shops I went to wouldn't pass me since my high beams don't come on. If I have 4 hellas on my light bar, does it look like I NEED high beams? :flipthebird::flipthebird:

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Dude...that sucks. I hear you on the inspections, I don't like them either.

I had to have one done about a month ago, had to peel off the tint for my front windows. Left the inspection and went straight to the tint shop and had it put right back on.

I can't believe they wouldn't pass you because you didn't have functional high beams though...

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not only that , one shop wouldn't even look at it since my windows wouldn't roll up (pulled the fused lol) after that I just said **** it and went to the shop and had it peeled off. They're crackin down hard on inspections here man...

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
lol nice try on the fuse trick. I didn't even mess around with the tint last time. I just asked if they would pass it, told me no, so I said give me a scraper. I got to talking with the guy doing the inspection and he said he's had his license threatened before so he wouldn't pass anything that wasn't legal (although he did "overlook" my brow on the windshield being a couple inches too low. He told me they were really cracking down on them around here too (used those exact words too).

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Inspection, whats an inspection lol. Just pull in the shop, peel said sticker, replace with new one, back out of the bay lol. My last inspection on the truck had a state trooper and a county man in the shop and luckly both were die hard mopar guys, if not im sure they would have said no way in hell is that gonna pass.

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol nice try on the fuse trick. I didn't even mess around with the tint last time. I just asked if they would pass it, told me no, so I said give me a scraper. I got to talking with the guy doing the inspection and he said he's had his license threatened before so he wouldn't pass anything that wasn't legal (although he did "overlook" my brow on the windshield being a couple inches too low. He told me they were really cracking down on them around here too (used those exact words too).
Yeah same thing with the first shop I went to. They've been known by a few to pass people with illegal tint, but the guy there seemed hell bent on keeping the law... :homoswitch:
Inspection, whats an inspection lol. Just pull in the shop, peel said sticker, replace with new one, back out of the bay lol. My last inspection on the truck had a state trooper and a county man in the shop and luckly both were die hard mopar guys, if not im sure they would have said no way in hell is that gonna pass.
Lol man I wish it was that easy! Tint wise around here cops don't really care how dark it is as long as they can at least see a silhouette of you , unless they really wanna be a ****...

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
My tint is 35% which will fail around here but normaly let you slide till its 20% or darker. No cats is a dead failure for anywhere just depends on the shop.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Yeah same thing with the first shop I went to. They've been known by a few to pass people with illegal tint, but the guy there seemed hell bent on keeping the law... :homoswitch:

Lol man I wish it was that easy! Tint wise around here cops don't really care how dark it is as long as they can at least see a silhouette of you , unless they really wanna be a ****...

Yeah, same here. Most cops don't really care. If you get pulled over, just get the windows down so they can see you. Last 2 times I was pulled over it wasn't even mentioned and it is on my record because I got a ticket for it a few years ago (stopped for speeding and didn't get my windows down in a timely manner).

I can't really expect a shop to break the law or take a risk to pass me. They don't know me from anybody else - I could be with the state and would report them and get their license revoked. Inspectors are taking a huge risk by letting things like tint slide. I mean if they want to pass me, that's great, but I'm not going to get upset with them over it....unless it's something like high beams which is still stupid.