Inspection time... what do I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Megahemi06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Excuse my language... but **** inspections... went ahead and got my front windows' tint peeled off. Gonna be another 50 for a retint.. Plus, the shops I went to wouldn't pass me since my high beams don't come on. If I have 4 hellas on my light bar, does it look like I NEED high beams? :flipthebird::flipthebird:

I feel your pain brother. When i moved here i had to remove all tint from windows. I even had the rear factory tinted windows tinted. NC sucks when it comes to inspections.

Roll_HEMI_Tide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This post makes me so glad that I don't live in an inspection state. If I did, I would have had a hell of a time with my old '97 Ram. I don't know if anything worked right on that truck.

I did get stopped in Georgia and ticketed because my headlights didn't properly work (no low, high only). My thoughts on inspections (and Georgia): :flipthebird:

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Vegas ftw, limo tint is "not legal" but have never had a problem in 12 years. No inspections, just smog, no cels and you pass. Don't drive through Utah though, we got pulled over 6 times in 3 hour drive because they couldn't see us, (I had limo all the way around, 35% on front with extended glare strip) let off every time.

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This post makes me so glad that I don't live in an inspection state. If I did, I would have had a hell of a time with my old '97 Ram. I don't know if anything worked right on that truck.

I did get stopped in Georgia and ticketed because my headlights didn't properly work (no low, high only). My thoughts on inspections (and Georgia): :flipthebird:

EXACTLY! They're pointless...

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got her inspected today, bought some halogen head bulbs just so I could pass, just for JJ :drool:. When the guy had the truck running, one of the others went to look under my truck, I think the dude up front told him to look for a muffler. The one looking under the truck was apparently puzzled by my open cutout ;) and he was like, " Hmmmm nope not seein anything, oh wait wait there she is." LOL if he woulda ******* at me about the cutout Ida let him have it...

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sucks you have to go through all that junk. In Kansas inspections are awesome. You have one per vehicle per ownership of the vehicle. To get a liscense plate you have to get it inspected. And that's it, never again. And all they do us check to make sure the blinkers/lights work, & VIN # matches the title.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Florida had I inspection stations a very long time ago. One they they returned and after a out 2 years they got rid of them again. I hear the inspectors were caught making money on the side passing people. I'm glad we don't have them anymore. I just hated waiting in that line!! Grrr...

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sucks you have to go through all that junk. In Kansas inspections are awesome. You have one per vehicle per ownership of the vehicle. To get a liscense plate you have to get it inspected. And that's it, never again. And all they do us check to make sure the blinkers/lights work, & VIN # matches the title.
Wow that must be nice, I had to wait for at least 20 minutes for the DA to do mine..
Florida had I inspection stations a very long time ago. One they they returned and after a out 2 years they got rid of them again. I hear the inspectors were caught making money on the side passing people. I'm glad we don't have them anymore. I just hated waiting in that line!! Grrr...
A couple guys here in town have gotten caught with that too, that's why they've been crackin down. The guy who did mine just absolutely had to "aim" my headlights, saying they're too low. The reason why they're aimed down is because my truck is lifted and I don't want to blind people with 55 Watts of candlepower?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam