Install of oem tow hooks on a 14 Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Does anyone know if NEW tow hooks come with hardware (bolts & nuts)?

Found some but they’re without any hardware..just the hooks themselves. I remember reading another member had a hard time because he couldn’t find the hardware so I THINK they’re “supposed to” come with nuts and bolts??

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They reuse existing hardware on the bumper and I was able to order the bolts for the frame side from the dealer and they aren't too expensive. It is a strange thread pitch I couldn't locate at my local hardware stores.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
They reuse existing hardware on the bumper and I was able to order the bolts for the frame side from the dealer and they aren't too expensive. It is a strange thread pitch I couldn't locate at my local hardware stores.

So then when we order the hooks (new) we JUST get hooks.

It uses existing bolts on vehicle.

But we STILL need to get some bolts to go along with all the above?

Just want to make sure I’m understanding the full breakdown of hardware needed. If the truck has the hardware on it then missing what or why we need additional bolts?

Thank you!

14Deebo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Just want to make sure I’m understanding the full breakdown of hardware needed. If the truck has the hardware on it then missing what or why we need additional bolts?

Thank you!
Following, because I am about to embark on the same journey. :)

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Thank you!

I think brand new kits come from with all necessary hardware. I bought mine second hand and were missing only the frame bolts.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I think brand new kits come from with all necessary hardware. I bought mine second hand and were missing only the frame bolts.

Oooh ok. Happen to have the bolt part numbers by chance? Because may go the same route instead of waiting until June for the new vendor to have them in stock (thinking they switching to Chinese crap).

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oooh ok. Happen to have the bolt part numbers by chance? Because may go the same route instead of waiting until June for the new vendor to have them in stock (thinking they switching to Chinese crap).

Here is the part number for the frame bolt. 06104454AA you will need to order 2.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Here is the part number for the frame bolt. 06104454AA you will need to order 2.

You rock!!!!

So if I have the brackets, have the tow hooks, ALL I NEED is two of those bolts? Don’t need any washers or nuts?

Thanks!

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Probably unless the brackets are missing the piece that hooks to the hook itself.

14Deebo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I found a local Off-road shop that can fabricate the brackets using the CAD files provided in this thread for $70/set. Bummer is I cannot find any tow hooks in stock anywhere! I thought I had some sourced, but they ended up not having them after all. Anyone know where to buy a new set of tow hooks?

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
So, I found a local Off-road shop that can fabricate the brackets using the CAD files provided in this thread for $70/set. Bummer is I cannot find any tow hooks in stock anywhere! I thought I had some sourced, but they ended up not having them after all. Anyone know where to buy a new set of tow hooks?

You can’t buy any new sets until June. They’re changing vendors. I bought me a “new” no box set on eBay. You can find a lot of individual left or right side hooks but it’s more money to go that route. I’ve been searching for two months and finally found my set. All I can say is you’re gonna have to have patience either way new or used. Personally I don’t feel confident in the new supposed vendor. Now $70 for a new set of brackets is excellent.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Ram Rebel tow hooks also work but I'm not sure they are in stock either.

68248844aa rebel tow hooks

F22C11E7-6420-45D2-80A5-9115DF0FC699.jpeg

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The Ram Rebel tow hooks also work but I'm not sure they are in stock either.

68248844aa rebel tow hooks

View attachment 200825
You can’t buy any new sets until June. They’re changing vendors. I bought me a “new” no box set on eBay. You can find a lot of individual left or right side hooks but it’s more money to go that route. I’ve been searching for two months and finally found my set. All I can say is you’re gonna have to have patience either way new or used. Personally I don’t feel confident in the new supposed vendor. Now $70 for a new set of brackets is excellent.
Post the fabrication shops name so others can order them maybe? Might be able to organize a group buy to lower the price for everyone?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

14Deebo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Post the fabrication shops name so others can order them maybe? Might be able to organize a group buy to lower the price for everyone?

I would want to run that by the shop before giving out their information. They are a pretty small operation. Standby and I will ask.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I would want to run that by the shop before giving out their information. They are a pretty small operation. Standby and I will ask.
Fair enough. I'm sure they'll appreciate the offer of more business at least!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would be interested to know what that looks like. I think I would probably lean toward the hooks, but I can't say without seeing some examples. :33:

someone here did it and posted a comparison photo, looked good but that’s my personal opinion....do a search

14Deebo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fair enough. I'm sure they'll appreciate the offer of more business at least!

I spoke with the shop and they were cool with it. My contact is Duane at Come Get Ya Some Off Road in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Their shop number is 479-782-6833. I sent him all of the files provided by @Ken226 and they quoted me $70 set not including shipping. Keep in mind that they haven't fabricated any yet, so we haven't been able to test fit the brackets. However, I'm sure if they use the files Ken provided they will be spot on.

Last edited:

14Deebo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess I got lucky and looked at the right time. I was able to grab a used set on eBay this morning. Looks like everything is there except the brackets, which doesn't matter to me anyway since I will be getting the new relocation brackets fabricated.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333560816692

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I spoke with the shop and they were cool with it. My contact is Duane at Come Get Ya Some Off Road in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Their shop number is 479-782-6833. I sent him all of the files provided by @Ken226 and they quoted me $70 set not including shipping. Keep in mind that they haven't fabricated any yet, so we haven't been able to test fit the brackets. However, I'm sure if they use the files Ken provided they will be spot on.
That's great to hear. This thread is often revived with the same question and now your post and Ken's files are the answer!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf