Installing front RCX level kit and rear spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I will be installing the RCX leveling kit and rear spacers this weekend. Anything I need to watch out for or should have on hand other than the tool list? What is the best you tube video to use as a guide? What are the precautions needed to not damage my cv joints?
Thanks!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
What worked for me was to unbolt the upper A arm and brake calipers. That gave me enough room to get the strut assembly and spacer back in. For the rear I unbolted the bottom shock bolt and sway bar end link and used a spring compressor to get the spring and spacer back in took about 2 hours probably could of been done in a hour and a half but took a while figuring how to get the first strut done without damaging anything

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I would say that removing the calipers when doing the level on the front is a good call. I did not remove mine, but there were a couple moments with the upper control arm disconnected where I realized my brake lines have gotten a little more tension in them than I wanted. Easy enough to just remove a couple bolts per side, and not worry about it for the peace of mind.

Other than that it was all pretty cut, and dried. Make sure your sway bar end links come all the way out too, otherwise it will really **** you off lol.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Take some liquid jb weld to the cinch bolts when you cinch them in before you set it all up in the strut location..May have to reiterate for some people.. Just a slight dab at the point that they cinch in at..nothing else. Me and plenty of more people have encountered issues of the cinch bolts not staying in once you start working and trying to fish them through the hole in the upper strut area. Then when you go to remove the level they un cinch and you're sitting there trying to take off the nut with to avail as the bolt itself is spinning. Just wanting to save you some trouble down the road.

For the rear instead of a spring compressor. I un bolted the shocks, sway bar, and when it came time to put the springs back in I would jack up the opposite side of the axle. Pushing the opposite side upwards caused it to open up enough to easily put the springs in uncompressed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Thanks for the JB weld tip. It is setting now. Hopefully they will be on before I go to bed tomorrow night!

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some great advices here.
Beauty of this forum :)

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Good luck. Better post pics!

OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Stock driver side
picture.php

Front only driver side
picture.php

Complete RCX Driver side
picture.php

OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Stock Passenger side
picture.php

RCX front only Passenger side
picture.php

RCX complete kit passenger side
picture.php

Please pardon my lack of photography skills

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Reb0957, love the wheel to wheel steps :)
Also love the truck

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yea those steps and that color are awesome! Now its begging for some bigger tires :) the only bad part about the snowball effect of modding. Crazy how that little lift makes such a difference.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sweet truck man, that kit looks really
Good on it. I just got the rough country kit installed on my truck too and I love it. It takes me longer to get from point A to point B now though because I have to budget in time to stop and stare at my truck for a while when I get in and out.

Yours looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ckberry13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the rear spacer did you need to replace the rear shocks