Installing OEM fog lights wiring guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
OK so I have been getting a lot of requests for this write up so here goes. I bought a 96 Ram SLT that didn't come with OEM fog lights, but I wanted them. I also wanted them to work as if they came installed from the factory. I couldn't find the OEM plug in the dash so I made my own harness. Here's what I did. You will need an OEM switch, a relay, a fuse holder, 20 amp fuse, and wire of course.

If you look at the back of the switch, each pin is numbered.

Pin 1) 12V in from parking light circuit
Pin 2) 12V out to pin 86 on the relay you install
Pin 3) Ground
Pin 4) Indicator ( light up the small green light when fogs are on ) I looped this pin with pin (2) So that the indicator come on when you press the switch and turn on the fog lights
Pin 5) 12V n from parking light circuit (illuminates the switch when you turn on the vehicle lights)

Now on to the relay wiring.

Pin 86 is powers by pin 2 from the dash mounted switch as stated above
Pin 85 Ground
Pin 87 12V fused from the battery
Pin 30 12V out to the log lights

I hope you can all follow this and it helps you guys out. If anyone has any questions or needs clarification, please just post up and ill be happy to help. I'm a certified 12V electrician and I have been doing this for 15 years. Whatever you need, I can help.