Installing Side Cameras...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

helrzr215

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Wanting to know the best place to mount my side cameras to view my front wheels for parking and my blind spots for driving (lane changes etc)? My side mirrors are too crowded with equip (power adjusting, power folding and heated) to squeeze the cameras into there. I was thinking maybe in front wheel well, behind front bumper but worried about road dirt taking it's toll on the cameras so wondering what is the ideal location everyone is using? Thanks for any input...

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe on the sides of the front bumper. What does the camera housing look like? Where are you going to monitor the video feed at?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
helrzr215

helrzr215

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Monitoring on my touchscreen display in the dash via Lockpick hardware/software. standard round, flushmount camera that has a slight tilt adjustment in all directions. Actually I had thought of the edge of the front bumper in the wheel well area but worried the effects that road dirt may have on the camera.