Intake and Throttle Body Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BoDuke

BoDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
So here is the finished throttle body before reassembly

20180121_214114.jpg
20180121_214109.jpg
The air hate bolt hole was a blind threaded hole so i ended up drilling it fully out and rethreading it
20180121_214147.jpg
and here it is all assembled
20180121_225649.jpg
I learned alot from this part .. you do not need to cut the air horns flush you will have enough room to smooth a bumo out and will not end up with the deep ugly gouges i have that im very unhappy with , but this is just an extra one so when i place it on the truck ill do much better on the next

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
So here is the finished throttle body before reassembly

View attachment 118533
View attachment 118535
The air hate bolt hole was a blind threaded hole so i ended up drilling it fully out and rethreading it
View attachment 118537
and here it is all assembled
View attachment 118538
I learned alot from this part .. you do not need to cut the air horns flush you will have enough room to smooth a bumo out and will not end up with the deep ugly gouges i have that im very unhappy with , but this is just an extra one so when i place it on the truck ill do much better on the next
Yah... probably wouldn't have ground off all the tabs. Need to align the gasket and air hat yet. Might have a little difficulty

OP
OP
BoDuke

BoDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Yah... probably wouldn't have ground off all the tabs. Need to align the gasket and air hat yet. Might have a little difficulty

I thought for a minute on that one and usually i have problems with the tabs lining up my k&n cai ... but we shall see when i finish the intake. Right now im waiting to get the funds up to get hughes plenum fix

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I thought for a minute on that one and usually i have problems with the tabs lining up my k&n cai ... but we shall see when i finish the intake. Right now im waiting to get the funds up to get hughes plenum fix

Don't bother with the aluminum plate unless you want it for cosmetic reasons (though who looks down there anyway), a proper thickness gasket and a new set of bolts of the right length will fix it. Total cost can be as low as $50 if you replace the bolts with the zinc coated ones and go for all Fel-Pro gaskets with a full cooling system flush.

OP
OP
BoDuke

BoDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
What would be the proper bolt length? And would a fel pro upper intake gasket set from oreillys be good enough?